Super Bowl = Saddest Day of the Year

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Some do not understand why I do not like the Super Bowl given that I am a big football fan. They do not get that it is BECAUSE I am a big football fan that I look on the Super Bowl as a sad day. My rational:
    • My team has only been in it once. And it was a heartbreaking loss. The first Super Bowl I watched was XXII which will make this years the 25th I watch. And the 24th without my team in it
    • Means a long time before there is football again. College ball is already done. From now until September there will only be one more game worth seeing, the Super Bowl -- Note, this is the main reason why. No more football until September
    • The Half Time show. If I have to explain why I hate the half time show then I am clearly in the wrong place
    • The endless marathon of Super Bowl previews. Gets to the point where watching reruns of the scouting combine would be more interesting
    • Annoying overdone hype complete with gushing love. This year I am already sick of hearing about how it will be two brothers facing each other :gaah:........... A couple years ago I was hoping for a Philly-Pittsburgh Super Bowl. Their starting QBs Ben Roethlesberger and Mike Vick. Wanted to see how confused the media would get considering how much they love to gush over the starting QBs. . .. . . ."So do we gush over the accused rapist or the dog killer????"
    Anyone else with me????????

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

No.

The Superbowl is American. If you don't like America you can get the f(*k out.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. The Hammer

I thini I did not word it correctly. It is sad because there is no more football after it.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Then maybe you should have said that the day after the Super Bowl is the saddest.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

and you best drink a PBR while watching it.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

It is sad that my team isn't in it and it's the final chapter of football (games) for a while.

But, I love the commericals and the games are normally pretty good. This super bowl has a ton of storylines behind it as well.

As for the halftime show, normally weak.. but Beyonce is doing it this year, and lets be honest she's much better than the 80 year olds we've had recently. Finally back to the "in" music since the whole Janet situation. I'm just glad it's not Beiber or GAGA doing it.... I wanted the Foo Fighters to do it though.

7. The Hammer

At least the NFC streak is over. That was a real low point for the Super Bowl. Back when the NFC title game was referred to as "The Real Super Bowl"

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

It's sadderday everyday here

9. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Then you dont love the sport, you love your team.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Lol no... I'll be having Yuengling, Rolling Rock, and Bud Heavy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar