Superbowl predictions already?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jmac1383, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmac1383

jmac1383 Guest

Woah, okay I have a wild and crazy prediction, based off of nothing more than a crazy feeling I had at the start of the season. I felt like the Titans were going to win the Superbowl vs. the Cowboys. Now the only reason I am posting this here so early is so I can point to this and say I've predicted this a long time ago. If it happens. I prediced this way before knowing if either team were any good. And if nothing like this happens then I'm sorry for waisting internet space. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Steelers vs giants..

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Packers over Pats...

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Titans over Giants. Mark it down 23 - 21

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I like the Packers to win the NFC as well.

I do love PhiSlammaJamma's prediction though.

The Titans own the Giants.

6. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

titans 17 packers 16

7. No way the Titans make it to the Super Bowl this season. Not unless Warren Moon comes out of retirement...

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Though I try to leave the homer glasses off, I think the Titans defense can hang with anyone in the league. But the passing offense is a year or two from being where it needs to be to compete with the Pats, Colts and Steelers.

If the Titans can stay healthy and pass the football with any success the second half of the season, it will be interesting to see where we stack up in late December.

9. My concern is that people are overestimating our D a bit (not that I don't think they are very good). Beating up on the Panthers, Texans, and Raiders isn't exactly a major achievement. To have any real chance to win the AFC, we'd have to dominate 2 games against the Colts, Pats, Steelers, Chargers, or Browns.

And our offense isn't good enough at this point to overcome our D being anything other than great.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

We are getting lucky to play teams who are without their #1 QB but we should get a good test of where the Titans are Sunday and again against San Diego in stopping good running game. I suspect the Bengals will be a test for our pass defense.

I agree our defensive stats are likely inflated due to the opponents we've faced but I also think they are good enough if they get more offensive support.

Very true. But imagine if we do something as simple as get the turnovers down to one (or even two) per game. The Titans can go a long way if they can begin doing a better job in the turnover ratio.

Add to that Vince Young playing as he did the final eight games of '06 where he averaged around 180 yards of passing offense and another 50 with his legs. I think if Young generates 230 yards of offense, that would be enough if the RB can produce 85-90 yards rushing.

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar