Surprising numbers at some positions...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Sep 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reo

reo Starter

the odd numbers at these positions seems to me that we're set up to cut guys as we sign people that are cut from other teams or we're set up to trade guys from a position we're heavy on. for example there are rumors that we've been talking to NO and Dal about Hill which would explain why we've got 6 corners if we're planning on trading Hill for someone at a different position.

isn't cramer more of a TE than a FB? mainly say that b/c there have also been rumors that we've been looking to trade troupe and if cramer was also a TE then it would just add to the credibility of those rumors imo. I wouldn't be surprised if we kept 7 WRs as trade bait or the above reasons either.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

When I said no build up, I meant from the FO. I've been criticizing lamont on here for years as well, and I'm VERY happy that he's gone. But until the "leaks" about 24 hours before, no one thought he would get cut. Sure, his starting spot was in question, but man, getting cut is a different thing altogether. I'm wondering if he was as surprised as I was.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I'm not surprised that he got cut, just the timing.
    When did they decide to cut him? Did they want to see how he did in preseason? If so, he did pretty good, why cut him?
    If they had already decided no matter what he did preseason, they why not cut him before and give the playing time to someone else?

4. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

idk. :irked:

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

10, the most suprising number of all.

6. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

:yes:

7. reo

reo Starter

they were trying to trade him and he had more value if people didn't think we'd cut him. personally i'm still thinking grif will be playing saftey again soon. its the best way to get the best players on the field. there's no way he'll beat out fin or harper as a starting corner and he hasn't worked in the slot at all. and lowry didn't exactly take the spot from LT.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I tend to agree about the trade aspect. Other than that, I think we've been kind of game planning the NFL all offseason. Now all film is on Thompson, who would be an exposed weakness. I expect to see Lowry at the start, but I think Griffin steps in fairly soon.

9. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

Jaguars are a good team to showcase ability against too. They have no pass game to speak of, so we Titans can see him on the field but other teams will still be underestimating him. :)) Then the next week will be the real test. If he does good filling in against PM [say... 2 Pass Defl./1 INT... those kind of numbers.]Griff is set at FS. All i know is i'm liking the Tennessee Longhorns. Future Team leaders IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar