Susie Adams Smith to sell her 33% stake in Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ImATitan, Aug 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

@Big TT and @GoT wouldn't be able to function from overdose of joy if that was the case.

• LOL LOL x 2
  2. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

But the NFL rule doesn't require someone to actually be the "majority owner", only to be appointed the "majority owner". In 2015, they pass a rule that you only needed 5% ownership to be appointed "majority owner", so long as the team was inherited through a death and the family of the person being appointed "majority owner" controls at least 30% of the team through the trust/will of the deceased.

From my understanding, she owns more than 5%, the family as a whole owns more than 30%, and she's has been appointed to act as majority owner by the other owners. I'm not seeing what part of the NFL's rules aren't satisfied by that?

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I WOULD FUNCTION GREAT

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

The Titans stance is that they have everything in place and are in fact within the guidelines... The NFL seems to think they're not. From what I've read, the NFL has never really came out with an explanation as to why they think the Titans aren't in compliance though.

If what you said is all true, it does seem like they have everything covered. I haven't dug into it that much...I'm just going by what the articles I've read say.

5. Zack3000

Zack3000 Special Teams Standout

I think the NFL wants the "majority owner" to own at least 51% so nobody can veto the decisions.

6. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

That's what I gather. They want someone who is by definition a majority owner.

I think if Bud Adams had clearly stated that one of them was to be in charge after his passing, none of this would be an issue.

7. Zack3000

This is true

The more this is brought up (seems like once a year) since his passing. I think he had a reason for making it like it is.

They are all greedy and instead of selling shares to a family member and just getting payment for their shares. They want to sell their shares to an outside source for one lump sum.

I honestly think Susie is selling her share for simple fact Amy is "calling the shots".

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

2 years later...and the team STILL ISN'T for sale.

You'd make a scary female, holding grudges and all that and still can't admit you were, and still are, wrong.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

No, the NFL only requires 5% ownership to be acting as the controlling owner, so long as the other owners have empowered you and your family owns 30% or more as a whole (this is a rule put in place in 2015 to make it easier to pass teams on to numerous members of the same family in a trust/will in the event of a death ... kind of the EXACT situation the Titans ownership is in).

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/...5/Leagues-and-Governing-Bodies/NFL-trust.aspx

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Zack3000

I understand. That someone owns 38% would because controlling owner but Amy only has 33% . The other 67% could still veto her. Amy is not a majority owner.

The whole family is greedy either she buys all the shares from that family member or someone else will.

If someone came in and bought the remaining percent. Amy would not be the controlling owner

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar