sweet guitarist

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fry, Apr 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

MUSICIAN LAW # 12: Never name your band after a song. Never name a song after your band.

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Yes, if you do, that puts you in "Bad Company" :)

3. avvie

Ooooh, that's good!
    Oh, and are you going to send that CD before I move out of the Big Country?

4. Broken Record

I was actually trolling through my guest bedroom/junk room/former recording studio a few minutes ago and came across a whole box of them which reminded me... "I need to send one of these to Avvie"... I'll put one in the trusty backpack tonight and send it out this week.

Sorry it has taken me so long to get it out. Hope you don't think that makes me think I'm "Mr. Big"... ok... that one was bad. Do bands that named themselves after someone else's song even count?

5. avvie

I dunno...ask funeral For A Friend.

6. Broken Record

Do they have, like a myspace page or something where I can, like email them or something cause that would be like, ya know... really sweet.

7. avvie

Yeah...dude....that would rock!

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

ditto

well execpt I don't know what my style is like :lol:

9. avvie

I can't play lead for chit....I've pulled it off a couple of times, but that's it.
    However, I'm a pretty good rhytm guitarist when I want to be, and I can write songs.

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I started shredding when I was around 10. I couldn't pull off everything by Malmstein, Vai, or whoever, But I tried. It just kinda got old. It's something that's fun to hear every so often for me, but a well put together song is the real deal.

I had to learn that a well written song had to have all phases working together, not just the guitar parts :bonk2: Some of my favorite songs have guitar parts I could play when I was a wee tot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar