Swing weighs in on Mario Williams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Mario Williams DOESN'T have a chip on his shoulder, thats his problem. His work-ethic. He's a workout warrior who posted 14 sacks, but 6 or something of em came against I-AA opposition.
  2. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

I agree with Swing, they're not missing out on a running back. They are missing out on a superstar than can play at multiple positions and make huge plays. If it were us in that high draft pick scenario like Childress says than I don't think we would pick him. But that's only because we already have solid WR's, a good returner, and plenty of other RB's. Who did the Texans have? Andre? Domanick? ...um whoever it is they have returning?

Stupid pick, a guy that can score on any given play would be more helpful than a DE.
  3. Overalls

Overalls Starter

Now what if the Texans picked up a running back in a later round that ends up have multiple 1100 yard seasons and Bush barely out shines him.

In our current system we will be starting a rookie RB. A rookie RB that did better in preseason than Bush did. Why don't we wait and see if he holds his own with Bush before Y'all worry about us.
  4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]
    I think even the Colts fans would worry about Bush.
  5. Overalls

Overalls Starter

Yes, I am sure they would. And if Bush lives up to the hype most other teams will also. I didn't say anything about either being worried about Bush or not being worried about Bush.
  6. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

Snookus, I don't remember the KR's name for the Texans, but I'm sure Overall could tell you who he is. All I do remember is that he was a pro bowler. So the Texans two probowlers (Mr. KR, and Johnson), and a former probowler (Moulds) a solid TE (can't remember the name), and DD who signed an extension and should play well for the Texans. On D they have Robaire (who was better when he played here) and Robinson.
    They didn't need Reggie Bush. They needed a whole new defense.
    Trading down was the move to make I think. But that isn't what they did, they took the best Dlineman in the draft. Good move? Maybe it was. It's logical not flashy.
  7. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

DD is out for the season.

Overalls - Are you talking Wali Lundy as your starter this season?
  8. Overalls

Overalls Starter

Yes. He will get more yards that whoever the Titans name as their starter. Lundy will have atleast 100 more yards. With our 2nd RB getting a healthy number of carries.
  9. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

Yeah, we'll see.
  10. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

What temp do you cook crow at? I just want to know for the end of season feast after that post.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.