T.O, Boldin and Toomer could all be cut.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Jan 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I dont think Chad would do that great in Washington. I think he would fit well with the Eagles.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

An extra 1st rounder would be huge for Cincy this year. If they don't patch up that OL with a good tackle and center via FA/Draft they might as well start Fitzgerald again cause Palmer is gonna be on his butt all year - especially facing blitz-happy Balt/Pitt 4 times every season..

3. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

An overly inflated pride/ego combined with the metaphorical muscle flexing/chest beating to show everyone you are the boss, always comes at a high price.

4. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I'm gonna have to go with Boldin. That is a very interesting question and heres my rationale: We have good DTs. Tony Brown is good, Jason Jones looked good and is developing, then the rotation with David Ball, Jacob Ford and Kevin Vickersons. We have pretty good depth at DT. We have no WRs. Boldin is a big time player, and would take coverage away from decent wide receivers like Gage, Jones, and (hopefully) Hawkins, giving them opportunities to make big plays. I just think a legit, top-tier wide receiver would help us more then resigning AH. We've looked great on defense without AH, we rarely look great in the passing game.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Sorry, Haynesworth is more important to this team then Boldin would ever be.

It's not even a question of who is more important, the position is simply more important. We travel far and wide without a WR, we suck without Haynesworth.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

exactly. this team is built on defense. you can't take away the best defensive player in the league and expect this defense to be the same throughout the entire season.

7. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

I found this article and it says Fitz is willing to help the team out to keep Boldin on the team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3867088

8. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Rather have Albert,dominate DT in this league are rare to find. The fact that we have arguably the best one on our team and have a good chance of signing him to a long term deal makes this an easy decision IMO. Arizona is going to want at least a 1st round pick and Boldin is going to demand alot of money. Dont get me wrong,hes an impact WR but Collins showed that he can move the ball with the receivers we have. The WR pool this year is extremely weak and i dont want the Titans to over pay for someone that is mediocore or ready to hang it up in a year or to. If theirs no one available save your money,sign AL, and go after a quality CB if theirs one out there. You cant go wrong making your defense stronger because at the end of the day, your defense is whats going to win alot of games for you.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Toomer or Boldin would be great additions. People ignore Toomer as if we've got anyone better starting for us.

10. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I know. 'Beggars trying to be choosers'. :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar