Tail Light Tinting

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Finnegan2win, Sep 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Falk

J Falk Starter

yeah those my two babies. They both be givin me tons of **** though.

2. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Similar car, and the time is one of the drawbacks to DIY, I'm not that good at these kind of projects. I haven't been able to find any aftermarket tail lights for a 2011 Accord Coupe though.

[​IMG]

3. Finnegan2win

Remember when I was posting about tattoos and you said I'd never get a decent job? That prediction didn't quite work out.. I somehow doubt this will be any different ;)

Tinted tail lights aren't illegal in TN, and I haven't been pulled over with [I think] 35% window tinting, could be 30%.. so I doubt the addition of darkened tail lights will results in a huge change of police profiling.

4. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Nice Ride. It took me about 20 minutes per light. And the good thing about the film is that it comes off and is extremely cheap.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Finnegan2win

Do you have issues when washing it though? If it comes off easy, I would think soap could get under it easy or if you took it to an auto wash thing that the jets could damage the film.

6. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I've washed my car a few times and had no issues with that. Its prolly just a real biotch to get off, but they say it's removable.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

1. I never said decent job- I said corporate job. Thus the reason they're called "career killers".

2. Tinted tail lights aren't illegal in TN?... Think about what you're saying. Obstructing tail light vision- that's not illegal?

The DMV requires your tail lights to be "plainly visible". What you're wanting to do is a violation of that.

So yes. It's illegal. Yes, you'll probably get pulled over for it. Most my friends do. And it's what's stopped me from doing it.

You'll get "fix it" tickets. So you can fix it by court and all is well- I'd just rather avoid the whole thing myself.

8. Finnegan2win

1) I do have a corporate job, one of the largest insurers in the country THANK YOU.

2) If J Falk can do it, I sure as hell can ;)

They can be tinted and plainly visible at the same time, just like regular windows. If it were illegal, no shops would offer to do it and they'd most likely say it was illegal.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Na$hville

Na$hville Veteran

I have "illegal" tint and never had a problem. Also used to have blacked out tail lights and no problems there either. Don't really think cops care unless they are complete dicks

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Uhh... shops will illegally tint your windows, too. It's not on them if you get in trouble for doing it. So that logic is wrong.

What exactly do you do for a living? Just curious now.

You just said they can be tinted and plainly visible at the same time. You realize that makes absolutely zero sense, right? You can't obstruct the vision of something and say it's plainly visible.

Yeesh...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar