Take the car. Please.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by avvie, Feb 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

A guy on another forum dropped a link to this article about car stocks. I thought it was interesting because less than a half-hour before I was reading this Doonesbury comic:
    [​IMG]

It reminded me of how GM once again showed it's lack of decision-making skills by deliberately destroying it's only real attempt at electric cars for the short-term gain of appeasing profiteers.

Screw 'em.

And if you or one of your family is gonna start complaining about auto worker jobs ("waaah waah waah!!"), guess what?... the rest of us are becoming unemployed too, so shut up.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I saw an H2 all decked out on the interstate yesterday with a 4 sale sign and 19,000 on the window.
    Kind of sad and funny at the same time.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

hopefully all the companies just stop making SUVs. those things suck.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I love my SUV. Got a Sporttrac and it is awsome. Go ahead and get a Yugo and put it in "Hach"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    heck I'd rather drive a Homer than give up my Sporttrac

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I like practical SUVs. I've had a jeep for a long time now, and various members of my family have gone through 6 of them. That being said, I hate the giant ones. Even more so, I hate the ones that are used as fashion statements, mostly hummers and the one that Toyota made that is somehow even uglier than a hummer.

6. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Toyota FJ.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Sporttrac is a "green" suv... it's built on the ranger/explorer platform... I don't consider it a bad car. I dislike Hummers and fuel wasters like them... but the Sportrac is like a family car that you can take to Sears to pick up your new washer. It's big version is only a 4.6L v8... the smaller is a 4.0L v6 That's nothing compared to the H2's 6.2L v8... that may not sound like a lot but that's ****ing 393 horsepower! That sure would make for a great day of ripping tree stumps out of the ground, for sure!

8. avvie

I think the point of the cartoon and article was that the automakers ignored our long-term goals and kept stamping out short-term consumers crap and now they're screwed with a bunch os gas-guzzlers that they can't sell because the last gas price spike damn near destroyed the economy all by itself. Now they can't give the things away, and they may not even be around to make an affordable alternative.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

wouldn't it be cool if new auto makers emerge from this?

I think Ford is going to be fine. GM is on really shaky ground though.

10. avvie

YES. Yes, it would. And they should, and quickly, while the Big 3 are are at the gummint feed trough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar