Take the car. Please.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by avvie, Feb 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i've just developed just a hatred for all them.

i load cars at a hardware store with bags of dirt/mulch/rocks, pretty much anything you can use for landscaping.

it just irritates the hell out of me when someone asks "how many of these 40 lbs bags of mulch can i get in my vehicle?"

"what do you drive?"

"a truck" they say.

"oh we could probably get 40 of them in there."

10 minutes later they pull around in some dainty-*** highlander or something.

AND i can't see around them when i try to pull out of parking spaces.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I wouldn't call an SUV a truck unless it has an actual open air bed.

I have a jeep mostly because my parents live on a farm a few hours away that requires 4WD and preferably some height off of the ground to guarantee getting there safely in all weather.

Anyone with an Escalade or an Explorer who thinks that they have a truck is generally not someone who knows what a truck is supposed to be used for.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

in other words, they're "namby-pambies".

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lol - always comes down to personal choices. If someone can afford to drive a Yukon then go ahead. If someone needs a 4wd for whatever reason then get one. I fear that those choices will be removed from everyone at some time. It would be sad if vehicular choice was replaced with a small assortment of blah eco-cars. Then the handful of people who needed a specialty vehicle would either be sol or pay a huge premium for something that they need.

FWIW my Sporttrac has the auto 6 cause it was the only engine option in 05, would have got the 8 with a stick in a perfect world.

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I mean to add this:

Let's call up those dudes who started their own private space program.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Tesla, named after the mad genuis, has the total package. including a huge environemental issue when those batteries drop dead in 10 years.

Seriously there is no great solution that is cheap and eco-friendly.

I like the moving sidewalks from Asimov's Foundation books or the floating platfroms and flying tubes from Futurama. Whatever someone owes me a flying car dang-it!

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Once the Chinese cars hit the street on American soil this whole game changes. You guys know that Carnival Kia commercial where the dude sells cars for the price of bacon grease and tells you not to leave without seeing him? Compared to these Chinese Walmart cars he's gonna look like Monty Burns..

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I forget, is that worse, or better than, "nansy-pansys?"

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

SUV's use to mush gas, you have to be above middle class to afford one and drive it every day.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

??? its choices. If you need an SUV because you have kids, haul things or whatever your reason is then the cost of fueling it was factored into your decision to buy it. Lots of middle class and below people find a way too not only drive and SUV, but to take the wife and kids out to the lake for a day on their boat with it.

Not chopping on you really here but come on man. Tons of working people have Explorers and such.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar