Taken... age appropriate?

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Sappersis, Mar 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

I was wondering how many of you have seen Taken and enjoyed the movie. Please no spoilers! I'm just curious for what age is it appropriate? I have a young lady who I take to the movies once a month. Kind of a kid sister type deal. She REALLY wants to see the movie, but I didn't know if it would be too intense for her. Her parents have given me the ok to take her to ANYTHING, but thats not my style. If she is going to be terrified I would rather chose something else.

THANKS!

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

A movie about young women being kidnapped, drugged, tortured and forced into a life as sex slaves. Probably not the best idea.

3. t1tan5

t1tan5 Guest

Well there's a spoiler right there :ha:

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

16 I'd say, give or take depending on the kid's maturity level. Violence is pretty intense, but not graphic. Some prostitution/illegal sex market elements to the film as well, but it's not explicit sexually.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

This was one of the more violent PG-13 movies I've ever seen, to be honest. The movie was awesome, but I'm not sure what ages should be watching this... 15 maybe?

How old is the girl?

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

She is a very mature 14, but has a weak stomache at times.

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I got this on DVD before it hit US theaters.

i wouldnt feel comfortable watching this with anyone under 17.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah we get it, you pirate movies. No one cares.

• High Five High Five x 5
  9. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

If you aren't going to see it before you decide, then I wouldn't take her.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

If she's as mature as you say, she should be fine. The movie hardly has any language or sexual content (with the exception of the whole prostitution thing), but the violence is intense at times. I'd compare it to The Bourne Identity movies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar