Talent overloads

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oilerstruck, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I really do like that idea. What's the point in keeping alot of WR's who will barely get the ball and have a #4 RB who can be a #3 just in case Henry plays like crap again. If it fails then just send Ganther to PS and sign a WR.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'd offer a 1 and 2 to get Steve Smith and Lito Sheppard about now. That'd be about it. I'm prepared to go on with WR and CB as our weak spots. Funny, but now I feel like we need McCareins, Gage, Roydell and Jones more than we did before after seeing nothing from Ealy, PWilliams, Hawkins and Davis. Davis I've thought was a goner anyway, but I thought we'd somehow keep Ealy and PWilliams. Now, it might just come down to one of them making the team. Both, had horrible nights, but I'd give a slight edge to Ealy right now. Those guys are going to have to show up big in the next few weeks, and they better hope Hawkins doesn't outshine them.

3. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Steve Smith is not going anywhere. And Sheppard is not worth the money and a 2nd round pick.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Ealy didn't really get a chance to do anything last night. He didn't get 2 balls that were badly thrown, but he did catch one badly thrown one as well...even though he almost lost it due to being stripped. The others werent very catchable though. One in the grass and the other too high as he had to come back to it also.

the Paul Williams Y (from YMCA dance) style attempted catch was kind of funny. Went right through his arms.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'd trade a 1st, Henry, and Scaife for Roy Williams.

We need a WR bad!

6. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Whoa no. I don't think we should trade Sciafe, and Henry would not bring anything. And a 1st is too much for RW. Give them a 2nd round pick based on us agreeing to a long term deal.

7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Way too much too give up for Williams.

Make the trade a #2 and Henry (if for no other reason than to clear a roster spot) and I'd do it.

8. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

This team needs two receivers and I would not trade for Williams, he is a talent but he is a bit of a head case as well. Has anyone signed Cedric Benson yet? He isn't starter material but he would be a pretty good 3rd back in our system, he does a little bit of everything and he has got to be better than Henry.

BTW I want someone to kick Gage's *** for screwing up a perfect pass from young by short arming it

Damn we need receivers badly

9. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

As much as I would like for Chen to take off and be worthy of his draft spot, the reality is that he is worth a bologna and cheese sandwich in a trade right now.

If MR can get Oscar Mayer and Velveeta in that trade then I will anoint him king.

With that said, I think we should hold onto him for another year. He might still come around. He didn't look too bad yesterday afterall.

10. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Really good point. No point of keeping a 6th WR, or even a 5th when they probably won't suit up and if they do barely get the ball. CJ can line up at WR too when we spread and create a lot of mismatches. i'd like to see a LB try and cover him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar