Talib and Manningham = Potheads

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TorontoTitanFan, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

It doesn't break up families? I have a step brother who had his wife and children leave him because of marijuana. My soon to be brother in law just got out of jail after serving 4 months for 'gasp' driving and smoking weed. Granted he was already on probation. Nothing wrong with doing it. Just stay at home. I partake in the herbal arts from time to time. I won't say I have never driven while under the influence(alcohol and weed). It was wrong and I was wrong for doing it. I won't argue that smoking weed is wrong. I don't believe it is wrong but the law doesn't agree. When your habit effects your life and the life of others then it becomes wrong. To say this never happens is just wrong because it does everyday.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I agree that we've all taken this too far. I'm willing to walk away if you guys will walk away. Marijuana is a plant. You cannot get addicted to it. You cannot overdose on it. You cannot die from it. You cannot have withdrawls from it. You don't become less intelligent from smoking it (in fact, it can enhance your mind quite a bit). Yes marijuana is illegal. Do you remember prohibition? When alcohol was illegal? Well, I do. The same thing is going on with marijuana. Prohibition didn't work, did it? So why should the war on marijuana be any different? Ricky Williams is an idiot who did what he WANTED to do and that's his problem. Kerry Collins (a current Titan) almost drank his way out of a superbowl appearance. So what's your point? We have Collins on the team....so whats the difference? Why is marijuana worse than alcohol?

3. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Marijuana is not worse than alcohol. Smoking the the dope is not wrong(in my opinion) It is the effect it can have on your life and those around you if you are not careful or take it to far. All things in moderation onetontitan son

4. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

how old are you? bootlegger

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I'm 20 years old. I actually read history books and am attending college. So any idiot would know that it's common knowledge that prohibition failed.

6. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

I was joking. Sorry here lets see if a smiley helps it make more sense. How old are you? bootlegger:sarcasm: maybe.......

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Dude, you're so funny. and so mature too!

8. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

I'm glad you figured me out entirely based upon my post on a sports fan website.

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

If Manningham and Talib used Marijuana...that doesn't make them "potheads". Former president Bill Clinton used marijuana, Barack Obama admitted using it, Senator Kerry admitted using it, Senator Edwards admitted using it. It's becoming socially acceptable in todays world. Yes, its still illegal but medical marijuana use is making great strides. I believe that by the end of my lifetime we will see marijuana decriminalized. College athletes will do what any other college kid does, they will experiment with drugs and alcohol. It's too early to judge if they'll be a problem (Ricky Williams, Travis Henry).

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

It was interesting if anyone caught ESPN's NFL Live yesterday. This was one fo the first topics of conversation. It was basically said that it's assumed 50-90% of players have at least tried marijuana in college. Most GMs won't have a problem with it unless a drug test is failed or there is an arrest. Even one failed drug test for maryjane doesn't seem to cause a player to lose draft value.

But what I found really interesting was they think Manningham has damaged himself more than Talib. All because Manningham originally said he never failed a drug test, and then fessed up to the fact he had. I think just one, but maybe it was more. Talib admitted it all along and had multiple drug test failures. But because Manningham first lied, that has really hurt his reputation for some teams....

I would look at that totally differently. Yeah, he lied about it to try and cover himself. But he did admit he lied and presumably told the truth. I dunno, but to me, that makes me think much better about him. Where as I feel Talib was like, yeah i failed some drug tests-that's behind me now... when really it's like, yeah I'll try not to get caught again....

Anyone else see it that way, or is it just me?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar