Talib and Manningham = Potheads

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TorontoTitanFan, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I think both players are really good at their positions and I'd be honored to have them on our team. But you're right, Manningham did eventually fess up, which takes guts and courage to do. Let's not forget that these guys are still kids. Hopefully when they get to the NFL level, they will put all of that behind them. I know that if I was getting paid large sums of money, I would stop smoking. Now, if they get into harder stuff, THEN you have a problem. You don't want cocaine or pills to get into the locker room. Believe me, I have hung out with college athletes and there are more important things to worry about besides marijuana. Steroid abuse, cocaine, pain killers, and alcohol abuse exist and some players do those things often.

2. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

I don't look down upon them for using. Many people our age smoke. I just question the decision making skills of someone would take chances with their career with the draft coming in a couple short weeks. It really doesn't matter what we think. The NFL has made its position pretty clear. Don't smoke. GMs don't take chances on those who do.

3. pacman jOWNS

pacman jOWNS Camp Fodder

id say 50% of the 1st round draft class smoked weed in college. all this says about these two dude is they are dumb for not being able to pass. anyway, i dont want talib or manningham in the 1st anyway so its nice to know those two are off the titans board

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I wouldn't say they're off the board for us. We could get them in the second. I think Manningham is going to be a star.

5. pacman jOWNS

pacman jOWNS Camp Fodder

yea i agree, i went to far saying they are off our board. im just sayin i dont want us to draft em in the first. if talib fell to us in the second that would be sexy... i also would mind our draft lookin like djax/thomas/hardy/sweed + manningham... that would be ballin

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I too dream about the Djax/thomas/hardy/sweed pick and then the titans picking manningham in the 2nd...but Its so unlikely. But boy, I'd be happy

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

This thread has gone from Talib and Manningham to personal posts back to Manningham as if nothing ever happened.

8. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Kinda reminds me a Gunny gone bad post of yesteryears....

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I know and i'm liking it alot. Everyone was pretty pissed at me earlier.

10. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

This makes absolutely no sense to me. Manningham lied about failing a drug test then when he got caught lying he told the truth. Talib let them know from the get go that he failed and that he has changed. Lying about something like this really makes you question that person. We've seen in the past if you admit to doing it and say you've changed it's not a problem. I really don't even see how manningham thought they wouldn't find out eventually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar