Talking Heads vs Tenacious D CLOSED

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Mar 5, 2016.

?
  1. Talking Heads

62.5%
  2. Tenacious D

37.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

BAND WARS RD1: Talking Heads vs Tenacious D

2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Tenacious D is pure win. Pick of Destiny was also a good movie.

3. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Yes you are ****ed, **** out of luck
    Now I'm complete and my cock you will suck
    This world will be mine and you're first in line

Lol I voted Tenicious D but they are in the same category with Weird Al in my book. Fun band, talented but not a lot of serious songs.

4. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

Craziness! Talking heads are pioneers man!

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Tenacious D was great for that one album.. That's it, though. And Jack black is busy now doing crappy children's films. It's a shame TD couldn't keep it going for more than the HBO specials and 1 good album. The movie was basically just a rehash of their old jokes from the HBO show. HBO show was original and genius.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Talking Heads

never heard of TD

TH has so many awesome songs/albums and Byrne has done some excellent solo stuff.

I will say that people who dont remember TH from the 70s & 80s might not have any idea just how progressive they were

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Even though I've already made the point that listening to a particular band does not make one a homosexual, I still choose not to vote for a band which is named for a penis that approaches relentlessly.

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

"Stop Making Sense" is one of the best concert films eva eva.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

They in fact have two very good records. The PoD soundtrack inclusive.
    Nothing against Talking Heads but the synergistic result of JB and KG is mostly brilliant. Excellent songwriting, excellent performance and they utterly live the songs out in those HBO shorts and the PoD movie.
    I saw them at a packed House of Blues show and it was phenomenal.
    Jack Black's film career is an artifact of having nailing it with Tenacious D. He was only a sidenote, taking small bits in films until The D opened those doors for him..

LOVE this segment/PoD track - you get The D, Meatloaf and Dio and a classic tale of youth in rock n roll rebellion.. (and some tasty Dolls/Alice Cooper type chops in the middle). The kid actor is hilarious to boot..

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Tenacious D? Really?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar