Taller field-goal posts & no 42-yard PAT's NEW RULES for 2014

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Mar 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm sour with any change at this point. It's getting ridiculous.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Well get used to it, when has there not been change in the NFL from year to year?

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

This is exactly why people like Mark Cuban make comments about the NFL imploding... because of stupid sh*t like this.

Why did we need to change anything? Every ****ing year this clown comes up with at least five different things he wants to change.

The only thing I have liked was the automatic review of all scoring plays and turnovers. A lot of challenges were being used/wasted on those plays, and this makes running out of challenges far more rare.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Approve: The NaVarro Bowman rule. How that wasn't reviewable before is unconscionable.

Don't approve: All plays not being reviewable. Why not? The NCAA actually got this one right. Their reply system is superior to the NFL's. Turnovers and scores are already automatically reviewable because the NFL didn't want coaches having to waste a challenge on such a big call. Why not just extend that to the rest of the game? No challenges inside of 2 minutes is also stupid. Coaches can't challenge a call within the four most important minutes of the game but they can for the other 56? Laughable.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I can imagine all the coaches just say "Shut up Washington" when they propose something.

The open of the roof should be a no go. The roof should be closed or open for the whole game.

7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I know it's not mentioned in the article and probably off topic but I'd like to see RB's having to actually cross the goal line not just the ball break the plane for TD's. WR's make some amazing catches but too many rules when they come to the ground to negate that great catch.

Don't know how to fix or change it but some stats need to change...QB throws a 5yd pass and the WR or RB takes it 80 yds and that goes down as a 85 yd pass? Also INT on a deflection or bobbled catch shouldn't be on the QB.

8. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

3. The game clock will now continue after a quarterback sack outside of two minutes

So if the QB gets sacked under 2 minutes they game clock will stop??? This doesn't make any sense.

9. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I don't think all personal fouls should be reviewed. That would be an exercise in futility. That being said, personal fouls that pertain to helmet to helmet or unnecessary roughness could be a valuable addition. Refs have gotten way too carried away with those calls and at least half the time the replays show that the ref was clearly wrong and these are all too often game changing penalties.

10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I STRONGLY feel that holding and pass interference call need to be reviewable or at least looked at by the command center. I'm sick of watching one of our guys bust a nice gain only to be brought back on a phantom holding call. PI is also out of control too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar