tank johnson gets 8 games

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

:rolleyes:

saw it on espn

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

"Johnson's suspension is not as severe as Pacman Jones of the Titans, who is expected to miss the entire season despite not having any previous convictions. It's the same length as Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry, who had a few incidents that led to convictions."

"Johnson is eligible to participate in the Bears' offseason workout program, training camp and preseason games before the suspension begins after the team's final preseason game."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2892889

justice, huh?

3. zackmann

zackmann Guest

i'm still totally baffled by the line being muttered by the mainstream media about Tank getting off a little bit lighter due to serving jail time.......how can actually going to jail make it less severe than not going to jail....

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Actually a positive for Pac IMO. Another case of inconsistent enforcement if no reduction occurs. Interesting to me that it is 8 games (for a convicted offense) reduced to 6 conditionally.

5. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Was he interviewed by Goddell before or after the Pacman appeal?

6. SuperVince

SuperVince Camp Fodder

My thoughts exactly, Goodell wont have an easy time explaining the desparity between the two punishments. Unfortunately the NFL is more of a dictatorship than a democracy so I don't really see Goodell changing anything.

7. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

actually this may be good news, to me this almost proves to me there will be a reduction in Pacman's suspension, I can see Pacman getting suspended for 8 games with the possibiltiy of coming back after 6...

8. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

The Tank was interviewed the Wednesday after Pacmans appeal.

9. whutaboutGump

whutaboutGump Naw mean?

That sucks, and it's not fair. I am not a fan of Pacman, but they should enforce things with an even hand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar