Tank Johnson Waived

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RyansTitans, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

On ESPN right now.

This gets me a little nervous because I think were about to do the same thing. If you know what I mean.

Who do you think might take a chance on Tank?

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Raiders or Bengals.............jk. Who knows someone is bound to since he is young and good DT.

We just might do the same thing but my guess is we keep in so we have his contract and not allow him to play for another club if he comes back.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Bengals will definitely not go after this guy...
    Whoever does sign him should face more scrutiny than the Bungs or Titans...

4. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Interesting... not sure who would pick Tank up - seems like someone out there would. Need to be a relatively strong coach who needs help on the D line. Can't see Indy chancing him. Same with Philly. Could wind up at the Rams or Skins... most likely will sit at home until mid season when injuries get teams more desperate.

Don't think we'll outright cut Pac (at least not soon), but looks like we might try for a trade:

"I did talk to a member of the organization last night who said Jones would never play another down for the Titans."
    http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks/0-1-164/What-Would-Pacman-Bring-in-a-Trade-.html

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

It's interesting to see that the Bears are the first team to do it with such a big name player. It could lead to us and the Bengals following suit, which would start a trend away from these players. Then we would really see Goodell's new policies have some impact. I doubt that happens, at least this quickly though. Some of those troublemakers are too talented.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

we're not releasing pacman this year, just wouldnt make business sense from a cap standpoint. as long as he is suspended we dont have to pay him, as soon as we release him we have to pay his salary.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm hoping nobody picks Tank up and HE serves as the example for the effectiveness of the new policy.

I hope we hold Pac until after the suspension, hope he comes back after 10 games and we get our value out of him. It is SUPER stupid just to release Pac.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

We won't release him soon,Tank Johnson was not nearly as much of an impact player on their team as pacman is for us.

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I really believe Pac is history..and it happened a while ago. If you read the statement Bud Adams made, it all but said he was NOT going to be a part of this organization anymore. Bud is far more concerned with appearences than the won/loss column.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar