Tank Johnson Waived

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RyansTitans, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Forget the cap...and whether or not he helps another team, we may get stripped of draft picks. I say we cut him. Goodell is a nut, let's not let him make an example of us a second time.

"NEW YORK -- NFL teams will be disciplined when their employees, including players, violate the league's personal conduct policy.

Moments after announcing the one-year suspension of Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones, and an eight-game ban for Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chris Henry, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell released his strengthened conduct policy Tuesday. Along with longer suspensions and larger fines for individuals who violate the policy, Goodell will hold teams responsible, as well.

He did not say how he would punish those teams, although stripping them of draft choices is considered one of the most effective ways to do so."

2. Young54

Young54 Starter

No way he sits at home until mid season. Someone will sign him...probably before camps start.

Same goes for pac. no matter what allegations or convictions come up...someone will sign him. as soon as he comes back into the NFL and as soon as he gets placed on the market, their will be 31 teams willing to pick him up.

I would't be surprised if the radiers do pick him up. Sapp had a good year last year but he is OLD! and he has to rotate in and out a lot b.c he gets tierd too quickly. i think Tank would fit in and eventually replace sapp. Plus a new coach will always be willing to bring in "risky" type players.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Is that why he locked McNair out of the training facilities? I don't think it's the win/loss column or the keeping up appearances that motivates Bud, I think it's strictly :greedy:

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Police in the Phoenix suburb of Gilbert said Johnson was stopped for driving 40 mph in a 25 mph zone at 3:30 a.m. Friday and the officer made observations that led him to believe Johnson was impaired.

You know.....that's just brutal. 40 in a 25 at 3:30 AM? I bet the streets were packed....

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

The smart play is to do what the Titans have said they would. Not comment (or move) on Pac until the suspension is served. Let's not forget- it hasn't been proved he did anything other than pre-suspension incidents and failure to report.

The league and the Titans look stupid if he is exonerated of the charges. In all likelihood, the neither of the coercion charges in LVPD stick. If they go, then so does the Murfreesboro charge (if they do get re-introduced).

The Titans are letting the legal system and the league play this situation out. The smart move. You just don't let your top tier back walk without any other alternative.

6. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

Tank & Pac will both end up on The Ravens, & probably be all-pro's together.

That's what sucks about this league.

7. ONUV

ONUV Starter

i hope our FO isn't that shallow

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Of course depending on how Tank's recent arrest turns out, he technically could be out of the league. I agree with Riverman on Pac - they'll just let the legal system run it's course. If he's convicted then he's out of the league anyway. If he's not then we either trade him, bring him back or cut him depending on how he's behaved during the season. We're not paying him right now so time is on our side with him.

9. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Sign Tank Now!

10. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

just kidding

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar