Tank J's suspension length....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, May 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Gets practically nothing? We don't know what he will get. This is just an estimate.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Well if the estimate is even within 6 games of being accurate, it's practically nothing.

3. zackmann

zackmann Guest

i don't understand the argument that since Tank served jail time he deserves a lower suspension...

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He deserves a year..

That's enough to get at least what pac got. And i agree with those who don't think a jail sentence should take away from his suspension time. No way.

Tank johnson is exactly what the league insists they want to get rid of.

5. GoTitans3801

Within 6 games of being accurate? The estimate is 2-8 games, so on the high side, if he got a 14 game suspension, it would be "practically nothing?" On the lower side, add 6 games, and 8 games is practically nothing? Maybe you meant that the high side, 8 games, is practically nothing. It's right on par with Henry's suspension, and it's half a season, I call that something.

No, it's not what Pac got, but Pac didn't report his arrests, which is a HUGE thing that no one seems to factor in.

6. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

Jail time should ADD to your suspension, unless you are later cleared of all charges (it happens). But if you are convicted and serve time, that's WORSE than being charged with a crime that hasn't been proven.

7. Deuce Wayne

4 games. 4 games is what the previous posts said. 10 games would be practically nothing for someone with actual criminal charges while another player got a year for simply not reporting an incident.

8. Apple Gooncha

Apple Gooncha Camp Fodder

I can't help myself from agreeing with all of that. I was recently questioned by police because the place I work I got robbed. Does that mean I've had one "run in" with the law now?

9. GoTitans3801

4 games is what Ryanstitans made up as his prediction for the suspension, feel free to criticize that prediction as freely as you want to, but there's nothing behind it but Ryan's opinion. The thread is about espn.coms estimate of between 2 and 8 games.

10 games isn't practically nothing, it's actually exactly the length of pacman's suspension, the difference being that Pacman's can be extended depending on the outcome of the cases against him. 10 games is more than Henry got, who had 4 arrests in one offseason. And it wasn't an "incident" that Pac didn't report, it was an arrest. That's specifically in his contract and NFL rules, and even if he didn't know it, his agent and lawyer DEFINTELY would have let him know. It's not like either of them didn't know about it.

10. Deuce Wayne

Pacman's suspension is 16 games, not 10. It's pretty clear that the only thing that happens after the 10th week is a meeting where they extend it even further or keep it the same.
    Yeah, I was hoping that 10th week thing meant something as well, but it doesn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar