Tank v. Texans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Dec 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I've definitely complained about him all season, and I know a lot of people have as well, but I thought he had his best game of the season. I noticed him coming up and making plays several times, and didn't see any big blows. I'm not particularly great at keeping track of players if they aren't directly in the play, so let me know, did anyone else think he looked better/good yesterday too? It's only been a full year now, so hopefully he'll be consistent for the rest of the year. If so, I'll feel much better about him for next season.

2. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Tank played a good game, but you cannot ignore the fact that the Titans' secondary was facing a QB who was getting pressured or sacked almost every down.

3. Cronus

Cronus I once ruled the universe

I thought he had his best game as well. Made some nice open field tackles and had the block on special teams... Still dont know about him, the next 3 games maybe will show us... I expect we will lose all of them lol

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I was at the game and made a point of watching the safety play most of the game. Tank had a decent game, maybe his best of the year. He showed good mobility and positioning on almost every play and was in on a bunch of tackles.

Interestingly I heard Wycheck giving props to LT for his great hussle play of running down Davis on the long run and preventing a TD. Wycheck kept saying how LT ran all the way from the other end of the field and showed great hussle. Actually LT was in position to come up and tackle Davis for a shorter gain but stood still like a statue until Davis was basically almost by him. LT did that on a couple of plays where he did not react fast enough and or didn't take a proper angle. Both safeties have been guilty of not coming up fast enough and taking bad angles all year. If not for LTs speed he doesn't even come close that play.

Based on what I saw that game Tank was the better safety. One or both of these guys has to be upgraded if we want our defense to rise to a dominating level again.

5. maximus

maximus Starter

From the radio, it sounded like the safeties played good, But we were playing the Texans. The next 3 games should tell us whether or not we should keep him

6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Soxcat- I screamed at LT for the bad angle as well. It sure looked like if he had been aggressive he could have come up and drilled DD. I still think that Tank makes most of his plays when he is lined up as an OLB or on the LOS. The Texans certainly never tested the middle of the field and Carr didn't have time to throw deep to see if either saftey could get over the top.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

That's why I wonder why we don't bring blitzes or some other kind of pressure more often, to help out the younger guys in the secondary. To speed the game up for them as opposed to making them cover guys for 8 seconds.

8. Toly

Toly Free your mind

I recall blitzes being part of the Titans game but they only seem to come when they play poor offenses like the Texans and 49ers, which is understandable at this point. I've rarely seen blitzes worked against good teams this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar