Tatum Bell?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Mar 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I've seen on a couple of different sites that the Lions may be shopping Tatum Bell. While I'm no huge fan of Bell's (he seems to get dinged up as much as Chris Brown), I think he might be the nice fit with LenDale. Bell’s speed and big play ability would seem the perfect compliment to White's power running style.

Given the fairly low price that's being paid for acquiring veteran RB's via the trade route, if indeed the Lions are looking to move Bell I think the Titans should definitely be interested. That being said I don't think the Tacks should part with any of their first three picks this year for Bell, which begs the question would the Lions be willing to part with Bell for one of the team's extra fourth round picks plus a later pick? I don't think they would. Would you be willing to part with a 2008 3rd round pick for Bell? Maybe Norm could convince Reinfeldt to arrange to have Mike Williams thrown into the mix as well (personally I can't stand Williams but he shouldn't be too pricey and hey maybe his old USC OC can finally find a way to motivate his lazy *****).

I'm not sure what Bell’s contract status is. Since he's from the 04 draft class he might be an FA after this season. If that were the case given how much cap space the Titans had left I'd even consider trying to extend him for a few years (it's not like he's done so much in the league that his asking price would be astronomical).

It's early, the caffeine hasn't really kicked in yet. I'm hoping the preceding mess of words was at least somewhat coherent.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Not a bad idea..but......

The lions just got him in the trade for dre bly. Why would they be shopping him? And he just came off a thousand yard season. I don't think we can get him..

As for his contract status he still has three years left from his rookie deal at a cap hit of only around a million per. They would be nuts to trade him. He fits so well in that mike martz offense.

I'm wondering what denver was thinking they gave up bell and george foster for bly?

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Bly wanted out, Foster is no slouch at RT, so it wasn't just a trade for Bell. It also depends on what they think of Kevin Jones injury.

I've always liked the idea of Bell as our speed back to compliment the power that would be Fisher's trade mark. But does Fisher even want a lightning type back?

I don't know what they'd want for him, but I don't think he commands a high pick. So a 4th and a later round pick might get it. I don't know about a 3rd.

Bell never seemed really shifty to me, so maybe a guy like Booker or Wolfe would fit Chow's O better.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Well if they don't want to give up Bell what about Jones?

5. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Jones has a really bad injury, will miss the beginning of the season, and possibly miss the whole season.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I knew he was hurt but not that severe.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

weird aint it ?
    I wonder what they're thinking now that Dre wants out

Its been a real weird perid so far
    kinda glad we're staying out of it

8. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

The Lions just signed TJ Duckett. That makes Jones, Duckett, Bell, Shawn Bryson, Avieon Cason and 2nd year guy Brian Calhoun who the coaches seem high on (last year's 3rd RD pick with a similar skill set to Bell).

Seems like a crowded backfield. :))

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Cason is a seemed like a scat back type from what I remember. Maybe a quick guy that Chow could use. Well at least we've heard about how well Chow does at creating mismatches, maybe we should get him a guy with the right skills. Assuming Chow has the skills.

10. hey, Chow coached at the University of South California, dude we kno this guy has major skillsssss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar