TE Fred Davis in the Second Round

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Architect, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Architect

Architect Pain Train

With Scaife signing just a one year tender and having an aging Crumpler for the next two years I think that drafting a TE is a possibility especially when it comes to Freddy D! We are looking for playmakers on offense and it looks like he is gonna fall to us in the second round. If he or M. Bennette was there in the second then i def would pick them up

2. maximus

maximus Starter

Much bigger needs than Davis in the second.
    I don't see a problem with Scaife signing a long term deal...

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

If Davis is there then I say why not? Brings another weapon for Young.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I don't see it. We just picked up Crumpler and Blakely...we have Scaife...I don't see it happening, but if it did happen, i'd be VERY pleased because Davis is a hell of a player.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

ditto

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

7. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Fish said that we were going for playmakers in this draft and if he falls to the 54th pick the he would definitely be the best player available. With Scaife and Crumpler's short term contract status he would defiantly be a good option for the team.

8. Alex1939

Awesome

So let's draft a TE that will hardly ever see the field, and pass up on potential starters at WR,DT,DE,CB.

We didn't get players in FA that help this team right now, except for Crumpler. (Once again, Scott replaces Bell, Kearse replaces Odom/LaBoy but can't replace both by himself)

Since we didn't add help in FA, then we have to add help in the draft that contributes THIS SEASON.

Otherwise, like I've said before, we are perpetually rebuilding this team and to what end?

That's my opinion at least.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

you need to have a little foresight.

crumpler is only signed for two years and his knees are a concern. bo scaife is only signed for one year and we have seen he is not the answer when it comes to being a full-time starter. dwayne blakely is just a fill in for hartsock.

fred davis is a good receiver and an above average blocker. i think he would fit in nicely and very well could be the best guy on the board when #54 comes around.

10. Alex1939

We have too many weaknesses to be drafting a luxury player in the first 2 rounds.

A new WR,DT,DE,CB would improve the team more than a new 3rd TE.

Titans owe it to Vince to get a WR that can scare defenses. A new DT would help keep the pace up when Albert gets winded every game and for any games he misses; also it would allow T.Brown to swap out with Kearse at DE. A new DE would also keep pressure up. A new CB could push Harper for playing time and hopefully help us not give up as many big plays; and of course CB depth is pretty bad at the moment.

We're a playoff team, it's time to be serious about a Superbowl and we need contributors for this season.

Now, if somehow we were able to use our other draft picks and trade up to have an extra 2nd round pick, then I could see selecting F.Davis. Otherwise, no way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar