TE Fred Davis in the Second Round

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Architect, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

How do you figure that? He signed a 6-year contract in 2006.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

But Vince probably doesn't know the difference.:))

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

My fault, I thought it was a 5 year deal, and that would've made it three years left instead of 2 like I originally posted. (Well, 2 years left after the 2008 season, but whatever)

Either way, if anyone thinks you draft BPA regardless of team needs, then QB should always be an option. And that really makes absolutely no sense.

Kind of like the Packers years ago with Aaron Rodgers. I'm sure they are glad to have him now. But they could've drafted a QB first round this year. And instead of using that pick on Rodgers, they could've selected someone that would help put the team in Superbowl position. Considering Favre played, and even played well the last year, it would've been nice if the Packers had another target for him, a better offensive lineman, or a stud defensive player to give Favre and the rest of the Pack every opportunity for another SB.

Anyway, it was just an example as to why drafting a RB,TE,OT,C,OLB,MLB,FS,or SS wouldn't make much sense for us.

For anyone on the BPA bandwagon, should we select a safety this year if that is the best player available when it's our turn to draft?

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

and all the defensive talent they have would be going to waste for the next two years because they waited until they needed a new qb.

5. Fry

that's what's so great about picking griffin last year, this safety class sucks, so we don't have to worry about that scenario.

6. Alex1939

Why?

They could plug in a decent QB for a year (or the first half of the season) and have a more dominating defense that would carry them... then turn it over to the young QB.

Or, OMG, they could start a rookie QB! It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Sometimes it's a bad idea, sometimes it works great.

(Edit: So, should we draft a QB in the first round then? We don't want our young defense not having a ready QB if Vince fails and is off the team in 2-3 years.)

7. Alex1939

Great.

But it the scenario were different, do you take a FS if that's the BPA when the Titans pick at 24 overall?

I'll guess the answer is no, which is why BPA is a myth. Sure you want to try that, but you can't go for that when it just wouldn't make any sense.

8. Fry

a decent qb like daunte culpepper? yeah, that'd be a great scenario for the packers.
    it works great for a team with a strong running game, not a team that is in the bottom third of the league in rushing.

there is a difference between having a 35 year old QB who talks about retiring every off-season and having a young qb who is already being developed. by that logic, we would be using a first round pick on qbs every three years.

like i said on a previous page, i'd agree with you on certain positions, but TE is not one of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar