Team Grade

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bored1, Sep 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

For next week I fully expect Palmer to use Jared Cook, starring, as Kenny Britt. He won't play his position. That will be Damian Williams. But Cook will be used a lot for matchup advantages.

I hope all these guys are working extracurricular if they weren't already.

2. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Agreed GLinks. If he doesn't try to use Cook more he is dumb..and if Cook doesn't step up (considering Palmer does this) then the Cook hate is valid.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Yep. Time to justify being drafted using a future 2nd round pick, Jared Cook.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'll be picking us in Pissburgh.

Stoolers suck this year. They'll barely make the playoffs and only because of an easy schedule... one and done.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Only one team from our division will make the playoffs... No wild cards here. Same situation as last year.

6. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Well, if you read what I actually posted, I said that realistically we could be 11-5, but it is possible for us to be 13-3.

Again, we should be able to handle the Browns, Bengals, Colts, Jaguars, and Panthers. That's 6 games, so that puts as at 8 wins.

No one knows about the Texans as they've only beaten two awful teams and got beat by one great team with a bad defense. Do I think we can beat them both times? Sure, why not? If we do, that's 10 wins.

That leaves us with the Falcons, Bucs, Saints, and Steelers.

Before I got into detail though, I do want to address the lack of Kenny Britt. Yes, he is our star player. That said, Hasselbeck found 8 targets in week 2 and 11 in week 3. Britt had 18 yards receiving in Week 3, and Hasselbeck STILL got 300+ yards. Hasselbeck has so far thrown for 932 yards and Britt accounts for 289 of those. One third (roughly) is a lot for sure, but Hasselbeck still has the ability to get the ball where it needs to be.

So, can we beat the Steelers? After watching them Sunday night and considering their performance against the Ravens, it's possible. I mean, Cleveland beat the Colts by 8 in Indianapolis and the Steelers just barely beat them by a FG. From what I saw the Steelers looked weak against the pass (for crying out loud Painter drove down the field on them), so if Hasselbeck can keep our air attack going, we can win.

Having watched the Falcons and the Bucs, they ain't as impressive as they were last year. All the games I've seen with them were sloppy. Can we beat them? I think yes, it's possible.

So that's 13 possible wins. Will we beat the Saints or the Bills? I doubt it. And sure, we could have a bad game for any of those, but that's why I'm not predicting 13 wins, I'm just saying it's possible. There are 6 games we should win, 2 I'm not sure on, and 3 that I think are doable.

7. amy

amy Starter

So what experts are picking favs? We weren't favored in the Ravens game either. We aren't favored in the Browns game. We are going to win without Britt. This isn't last year. We have QB who can throw the ball accurately and we have decent play calling. We WILL win. :yes:

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

Lets hope that our receivers still do well without Britt drawing attention. We really need this run game to start working.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

9-7,11-5 at best.

lol at people who think we're going to beat the Steelers, don't get me wrong we have a chance but we're 2-1, not exactly world beaters right now. I would like to see the Titans play a game without Britt before I give a more accurate prediction and grade.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

because all the other teams don't have this...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar