Team Needs and the Future

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ScotTitan, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Rolltide, any chance of giving us your insight on what we need in the drafts to make us a playoff team.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Sadly, I think he's on a bit of a decline. I still think he's decent, but he was near pro-bowl material in 09. Now I just seem him as a slight above average DT.

3. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

I honestly don't think we're as far behind as some folks seem to think. Remember we were 5-2 (with one of those losses being a fluke loss to Denver) before the injury bug and the VY-drama bug rolled in once again. Next year we'll be bringing back Kenny Britt, who became uncoverable before and after this injury; we'll be using a QB NOT named Vince Young; and we'll be getting back Derrick Morgan on the D-line. We still have CJ, who is dangerous when there is ANY threat of a pass in front of him, and our defense still generates great pressure and just needs a healthy secondary to be at least decent.

And remember that there are EIGHT guys whose names are going around as #1 picks this year: Gabbert, Newton, Dareus, Fairley, Peterson, Bowers, Miller, and Green. We WILL get a shot at one of those elite talents by default, or, if we don't like those choices, someone from the next tier like Amukamara, Cam Jordan, Robert Quinn...one way or another we're adding at least one EXPLOSIVE talent. And our spot in the second round gives us access to some pretty good interior O-linemen, D-linemen who slip, and a passel of "game manager"-type QBs like Dalton, Ponder, Kaepernick, etc.

Cheers, guys: happy times will be back in Nashville sooner than we think.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Team Needs:
    QB and backup
    complement RB
    WR unless Damian Williams is good enough to be the #2. And Britt has to continue to improve
    TE Cook and Stevens are completely unproven as quality starters and I don't understand why everyone hypes them like they are some awesome duo we are lucky to have
    OG
    C

DE
    DT The guys we have now are too injury prone and everyone on the d-line seems like a roll player more than every down dominant starter
    LB Tulluch will be free agent. McRath did not do well after suspended for "performance enhancers"
    CB I question how good Finnegan and Verner really are.
    SS Hope has lost his step. Griffin looks amazing sometimes but sometimes he looks lost, he gets a pass for now.

I would trade CJ right now if we could get 2 first round picks, even if that's a first this year and a first in 2012. I'd trade Griffin and Finnegan right now as well while they are probably at the highest trade value they would ever be.

Basically, we are long way from being a dominant team but it all starts with QB and getting the right one can turn things around quickly. I'm just not sure the right one is available this year.

I also feel the team morale is so damaged from last season that we'd be better with fresh players even if those are discarded players from other teams.

everyone from the VY era is tainted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar