Team sport?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CollinsQB, Sep 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CollinsQB

CollinsQB Rookie

I know this, one player cannot win a game by himself, but one player sure as heck can lose one. No question if Mouton catches the punt, different result. Not an excuse, a simple fact, one player and one player only lost this game.

2. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

Trying to pre-empt all the anti-Collins sentiment? LOL nice try...not gonna work....

If any one play at any point goes differently the result is different. Mouton takes a lot of blame but the team still had its chances.

3. rastamon

rastamon Camp Fodder

:grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr: even with mouton today i couldn't stop noticing how terrible collins is with pressure. And when is the last time we ran a succesfull screen...seriously!?!

4. CollinsQB

CollinsQB Rookie

Cant blame Collins when there is a blitz and no hot route or outlet receiver....

5. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

very true. they crazy blitzed on almost every single 3rd down and there was never a freaking play called to counter it. absolutely ridiculous

6. TitansWillWin1

TitansWillWin1 Camp Fodder

no but i can blame the coaches for playing him!!! Face it dude when he has pressure hes garbage. there would have been so many opportunitys for vince to run today. Just think how much a play action roll out would have slowed down their pass rush. Which we cant do with collins cause he poses no threat to take off and run with it. Everyone needs to get out of denial and smell the roses that were 0-3 with collins as our starter and as jeff said as along as he keeps winning hes the qb well guess what hes not!!!:grrr:

7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

your insane if you don't think there was a receiver open. We were running the right plays, Teams watch game film you know? They saw Kerry looked like a lost dog vs the blitz week 1 aganist pittsburgh, same story last week, and now teams are just following the trend.

When its tight in the 4th, there going to throw everything in the kitchen sink at Collins because he chokes every time, period. Some of you guys act like you had Camera's on all the receivers at all times, you didn't. I have friends that live in Jersey, they were at the game, and they told me Collins just panicked before looking at the outlet.

8. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

Collins is much worse when there is pressure. So is Manning and Brady.The fact is everyone knows it. That's why the off line needs to give him at least a few seconds. I seen some good in the line at times, but not often.
    KR is a joke from where we start if he catches it at all. I know he is a rookie, but there has got to be a better solution.
    Our receivers had a couple good catches, a few they could never have reached and a few that hit them perfectly. We had three times as many interception drops as catches.
    Our defense put us behind the 8 ball, though played well at times.
    Running game was about what I figured against a pretty good defense.
    Vince might have run in a lot of situations but I would imagine they would have different plays for him than Kerry. I would have looked for them to try and bottle him up, strengthen the line, blitz every play and dare him to throw, not too much unlike they did Kerry. This is another game I feel like we gave away.
    The KR fumble and the interception seemed to deflate the team. I also think we were out coached, not that I could have been better.

9. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

That's the thing, the line can't hold off full house blitz too long. Collins has to stand there and take the shot for the sake of the throw. Which he can't because he is old and immobile.

10. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Ya, I have a friend, who has a friend, who has a friend that supposedly was at the game too.....They watched KC every single play, had binoculars trained on him for 60 minutes. They said Sanchez was awesome but KC had deer eyes.......:moon2: Ya right

BS.......Just another Sunday afternoon wanna-be analyst.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar