Tebow's Pro Day

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Mar 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Ever heard of the Bible?

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Having your picture with a girl doesn't mean it's his girlfriend. I've actually read where that girl is just a friend.

And according to the link, San Francisco isn't a top 15 gay city. I dunno, I've been, it's only "gay" in the one district of the town. The rest just looks like a normal city.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Eddyc85 take a joke man.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Tebow can't be gay, relax with this gay talk.

5. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

There is probably a lot of truth in the Vince Young Tim Tebow talk, but the truth is Vince is 6'5 weighs about 240 ish and is fast fast fast. Tebow is about 6'2 weighs about 220 and is slow slow slow.

Tebow does not strike fear in the hearts of DCs when he takes off and runs, he would probably generate a few chuckles but no fear.

What Tebow does have is great leadership, he is pretty smart, and he is a winner. Anyone that drafts him will do so based on those attributes and hope he develops the rest.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Sure. And that's not how Christianity works.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Can anyone say that Timmy won't put in 13 hrs a day to figure this league out? Honestly? The kid may have nothing going into something, but best believe he'll walk away with it all. More important than skills, he has the highest amount of determination. That will take you far, not only in football but in life. Most players will wake up at 6am and workout for 2 hrs then study tape for 3, followed by a lighter workout. I'd be willing to bet that Tebow will not only wake up before the sun, but will work well into the next day if he has to.

I saw him play a few games in high school and thought he was a FB/TE. I caught series where he was blowing through the first and second levels. Then 6 or 7 or maybe 10+ plays later he passed for a TD. Point is; he'll do what ever it takes to be productive. If he has to play out of shotgun, scramble or even punch a backer in the mouth, he'll step up and do it. I think he's FAR from the best QB in this draft, but he may be the best overall player. He's more cleaver than anything and figures things out fairly fast. His freshman year no one thought he could do what he did from the QB position, but he surprised a lot of people.

We don't need him on the Titans, but if he's there in the 4th/5th I'd take him in a heartbeat. I use to always say that Vince needs to spread things out and play a point guard like role as a QB, well Tebow too. If the coverage is back 15 yards and only lineman are around, he'll burn you for those 15 and some. He's a tough guy, and I hope he gets a fair shot.

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Here are the problems...

Tebow comes from a gimmicky offense. QB's that come from the college spread or a college gimmicky offense have a LOT of learning to do. Alex Smith came out of the same offense and people thought it'd help him learn to read defenses FASTER than your avg college QB. It hurt him big time and he has no throwing issues.

Tebow's throwing motion adjust will have two positive effects...he won't fumble as much and he won't be AS vulnerable to the INT since he's not giving NFL CB's that extra second to break on the ball. But he's not a big risk because of these mechanics.

Tebow is not like most running QB's...ala VY or a Steve Young. He's a lot slower (about avg for an NFL LB) and isn't as elusive so he's gonna take big shots trying to run the ball. He's used to running over 210lb LB's...not getting hit by 250lb LB's who are running faster than him. His style of play will get him hurt very quickly oin the NFL and you can't have that with your starting QB.

As far as comparing him to VY...some good things and some bad. VY has mechanics issues but they aren't as bothersome because of his 6'5 height. Learning to read defenses and have good footwork were major issues. Tebow has already improved him mechanics and footwork and already has the determination VY NOW has. Again, the difference is that VY can be successful while learning. He can litterally make one read and if not there, run for the sideline and pick up 5-10yds without being touched. He can also run for first downs on 3rd down and avoid taking big shots. Tebow can't.

VY's running ability, size/speed and arm strength and playmaking ability made him the pick he was. Tebow's game doesn't translate as well so it'll be harder for him to succeed while learning ON THE JOB. Tebow also looks to be a bit more inaccurate even when his feet, throwing motion are perfect and he's not under pressure. VY tends to be off when his footwork is poor or he's rushed. Different kind of accuracy issue.

Because Tebow won't be able to get away with just running for big yardage when his ability to read the D breaks down, he'll have a tougher time succeeding and BECAUSE of that, he shouldn't go anywhere in the first round. He does have decent NFL size and good athleticism for his size and all the leadership intangibles you could want (leader, hard worker, football and succeeding is very important to him). A team that wants those intangibles and doesn't need him to start in the first 2 years will probably take him in rnd 2 or 3.

Gut

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

For anyone that thinks Tebow "can't be gay"... have you heard this dude talk? If he's not gay, he missed his calling.

Annnnd then... there's this:

[​IMG]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM2hCAQUOiI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEmStZeXPe4&feature=related
    ^His roommate, by the way.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS8qqNnR3aM&feature=related

And he's a virgin...

anyone that hangs around the girl pictured above, and doesn't get in at least once with all the booze flowing around her, is 100% homo.

Plus, he chose to go circumcise *yes, I said circumcise...kids in other countries.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar