Ted Sundquist

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Two Kings, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Linking an article of one of the GM candidates we interviewed.

I Interviewed to Rebuild the Titans, and Here's What I Would Have Done | Bleacher Report

He highlights what it was like interviewing for the Titans and the issues he saw with that process. He also goes into detail at how he would do his job as GM of the Titans if he was hired.

"
    However, there were some early indications that ownership wasn’t necessarily looking for a complete diagnosis of its problems....

It was also clear ownership wanted to stay the course inside the halls of the complex. I was told, "We don’t want to blow up the building. This is a staff that works well together and avoids the internal politics and bickering that can and has brought down others in the past."

"

2. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

The most disturbing aspect of it, is that ownership was not even interested in exploring all options to improve the team. Responsible ownership of a team in such a tailspin should have looked under every rock for answers. Had they done that and still chosen Mularkey, I would have tipped my hat to their conviction. As it is, I only feel disappointment that every effort wasn't expended to actually address the horrific shortcomings of this team.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I read that trash, one of us could have written that

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I understand a lot of his decisions were written like no brainers, however I think the interesting tidbits come from his insight into the interviewing process.

5. JCBRAVE

The Adams Family arent interested in good ideas, they just want to get along with the guy they employ..

6. rekirts

rekirts Starter

I wanted to like this article but he doesn't really give up all that much. Only a couple sentences are actually interesting, rest is just him daydreaming about installing the blanket "leadership" to the Titans. I feel like any GM would say the same...

much happier with Robinson listening to his interviews

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

There were only 2 maybe 3 parts tops I found interesting.

The rest is just anything you could apply to any high profile job interview process.

8. JCBRAVE

people always laugh when I use Madden as to how to build a team, but Robinson uses that same method, he's just crafty enough to call it a "decimal system"

give guys grades 1.0-10.0 the same as they do at the combine and pick up all the high rated players you need, not rocket surgery.

yes i said rocket surgery

#8 JCBRAVE, Jan 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    • LOL LOL x 1
  9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I agree on Robinson, my take away was the unwillingness to even look at another option than Mularkey. Of course we knew that, but I hate the constant reminder of how lax the process was.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. rekirts

rekirts Starter

I like separating the players into tiers and going through it like that. But might be because I don't have the time to watch every game of a prospect enough to further separate them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar