Teddy Bridgewater

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Hammer, Dec 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

And I have to wonder why you didn't go all the way to the current drafts.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

two reasons,

firstly, when I googled, it was easy to get a good concise list from 2000-2010. I'd have to dig for more than that, and I'm lazy.

Secondly, you can't really tell really accurately until they are given a good fighting shot in the NFL. Jury is out on a lot of QBs from 2011-now. RGIII for example, it gets real blurry to call him a bust or success. Fair enough answer? from 2010 draft, I think we've got enough sample to call them a bust or not.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

It is hard yes. But now take a look at current decent QBs in the NFL. And how many of them were not a first or high second round pick. There are very few diamonds in the rough:

• Tom Brady 6th round
    • Tony Romo undrafted
    • Russell Wilson 3rd round
    • Matt Shaub (Until this year anyway) 3rd round

4. nickmsmith

yep.

Just for fairness' sake (it's worthless to do so, but) Here are the top QB picks since 2011... This does not bring up the averages at all...

2011:
    Scam Newton
    Locker
    Gabbert
    Ponder

2012:
    Griffin III
    Tannehill
    Weeden
    Luck

2013:
    Manuel

IMO:

Great, elite QB picks:
    None yet, not even close

Decent pickups:
    Luck, Scam Newton

Not great:
    EJ manuel, RGIII, Tannehill, Locker

Sucks:
    Gabbert, Ponder, Weeden

Of course these are my opinion. I know nothing about Tannehill, so could be off on him.

Luck has shown nothing like he will be an elite talent yet. he may turn into one, but not yet.

So bump the total number up to 38.

Still only 5 are great,

11 questionable

5. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

^left out Russell Wilson

6. nickmsmith

Russell wasn't a 1st rd pick.

7. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Niiiiice. I like his stuff

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. nickmsmith

The pure odds, if history continues to repeat itself, is that there is an over 70 percent chance that your 1st rd QB will be a complete bust. It's a bummer.

Espn did a story that said it was 50/50. I think they're way off. They counted in successes for other teams, and counted gabbert as a win because he was still starting at the time.

9. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

That is pretty funny. I think people honestly think that a coin toss is 50/50 but if you ask experts they will say otherwise. Something to do with the weight on one side and the amount of times you would have to flip it in order to get that close to 50/50 ratio.

It is all perspective and ya I agree, it is super hard to nail a franchise QB which is why now more than ever we should be gambling draft picks on them because they are so cheap to come by.

To be quite honest I wouldn't have much of a problem with proper FA scouting/signing and taking multiple QBs in a draft or multiple years in a row. We do it with WRs and other positions for depth why not for the most coveted position in the league?

10. nickmsmith

definitely, if you draft and pick up enough, you will find a winner. Unlike the Locker saga, where we dedicate (aka waste) years on a QB with some hope that he develops, and it's not happening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar