Tejada to Astros

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Yossarian, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

As an Astro fan, I think it helps us. I don't think it pushes us over the top. But the lineup is filled now with what I would call second tier All Stars. The Rotation remains weak. But Oswalt can carry it if we squeak into the playoffs. Patton was our third best pitching prospect, but third in what was considered a weak group.

Roughly what the 25 man looks like right now:
    CF Bourne
    2B Matsui
    SS Tejada
    1B Berkman
    LF Lee
    RF Pence
    3B Wigginton
    C Towles

Bench:
    C Ausmus
    IF: Loretta
    IF: Blum
    OF: Ramirez
    OF: Abercrombie

Rotation:
    1 Oswalt
    2 Backe
    3 Wandy
    4 Williams
    5 Sampson

Bullpen
    1 Borkowski
    2 R. Houston
    3 Paulino
    LH W. Wright
    7th Villarreal
    S Brocail
    Cl Qualls

3. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

As an Orioles fan, I'm glad to see us finally start making drastic changes for hopefully a brighter future. It was obvious to all Oriole fans that Tejada would be traded this off-season. I think that Tejada could statistically have a better year then any of his past three in the Astro park. Playing there will increase his HRs and RBIs. I wish luck to Tejada and his last run at Championship, but I hope we come out with the better end of the deal, which I don't really think we will looking at the prospects we got in return.

4. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Anyone thinks it's just a coincidence that Tejada got traded the day before he was named in the Mitchell Report?

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

It is interesting and I wonder how the Astros feel now that they know his stats were pumped up with roids.

6. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

as well as former players Clemens and Pettiite

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The owners saw the report the day before it was released, and so the Astros already knew he was on the list before the trade. But I think it was well known regardless, that Tejada was pumped up. No gm would make a trade the day before the report unless they knew. They had to know. The deflated Tejada was decent too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar