Televised games

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by avvie, Feb 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

As a Titans fan who has now lived in two Titan-unfriendly areas, I found this season's glut of nationally televised Titans games to be quite interesting.

Most of the time, any local sports barkeep would ask for some backroom gratification before he'd let anyone watch a Titans game on one of his TVs, so I was forced to follow on Field Pass radio since I had no satellite service (which saved me a fortune on beer and Buffalo wings). And IIRC, there weren't ANY nationally televised games in McNair's final year.

Enter Vince Young. From 0-5 to 8-8 his rookie season...excitement abounds!
    YEE HA! 2007 is gonna be OUR YEAR!!

Don't have the n umber in front of me, but suddenly we're granted TWO MNF appearances and a few other Sunday games! WOW!

Unfortunately, VY plays like crap. :irked:

Do you think the networks dare give any respectable amount of national coverage next season, or do they put us back on The Lame List?

2. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

i predict 1 MNF game, and 1 game on fox next year.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

we get two Fox games each year anyways..

you know, the non conference games at LP Field.

I believe that would be Minnesota and Green Bay.

Those two home games will be Fox games.

I bet the Titans get a MNF and a SNF...

two prime time games.

4. soopacee

soopacee I'm Blaine Bishop

yeah, believe it or not, making the playoffs makes a difference usually.....since we didnt make the playoffs the previous year i was supirsed of the televised games.....so hopefully next season its just as good, or better........but for me personally, i get sunday ticket anyway, so it doesnt really matter......its just good to get some national exposure

5. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

There's also a very good chance our game in Detroit this year is the Thanksgiving day game.

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Doesn't FOX usually shows that Detroit game? If we were playing in Detroit, CBS would have the rights to broadcast the game.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

We will be the first undefeated team not to blow anyone out, and the networks will drool over us.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Tricky question there.. you are 100% correct about the visiting team bringing the network... AFC team at an NFC stadium means it's on CBS.. The other Thanksgiving day host is Dallas... If they have an NFC opponet it would be an FOX game as well. I remember a couple of years ago the Colts visited the Lions... that was a CBS game. My memory for this past year is a bit hazy but I remember that one game was CBS and one game was FOX. I realize that didn't really answer anything but I hope it helps.

9. Either way, the Thanksgiving game will be on TV

10. metal957

metal957 Starter

Anyone thinkin Houston Oiler throwbacks?:brow:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar