Tenn-UGA

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Hoffa, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Leavitt is going to be highly sought.

I wonder if Cutcliffe would get consideration? Everyone loved it when he was brought back.

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Cutcliffe isn't shining quite so bright with the fan base as he was a year ago (everyone is screaming for wholesale change), but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. I think he would definitely be on the short list.

3. DRAY

DRAY Camp Fodder

No way AD Hamilton hires Cutcliffe if Fulmer resigns or is fired. The fans want the football version of Bruce Pearl and Cutcliffe who was fired from Ole Miss doesn't fit the bill. This will be defining hire for Hamilton and he won't hire an Ole Miss retread.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Well, if tennessee fans are whining, it's because we expect to be competing for SEC championships and National championships every year. One good thing about Vols fans is they will always support the team, even during the dreaded losing season a few years ago.

This season i could tell from the Cal and Southern Miss games that this was going to be a bad season. If we can't stop either of their run games, how were we gonna stop anyone in the SEC.

I've supported Fulmer for a long time, but one night after drinking a few too many and hanging out with some vols buddies, i think I made a valid argument why not to support fulmer anymore.

The ONLY times Fulmer has been overly succesful in college is when he had future pro-bowl NFL talent. And I'm talking 8-12 future NFL pro-bowlers on the team. The 96-98 seasons with Manning, Al Wilson, Travis Henry, Jamal Lewis, Deon Grant, John Henderson, Haynesworth, etc. would make an all-star NFL lineup.

Even with that amount of talent, Fulmer would normally choke to Florida and lose to another team or the bowl game. Even the national championship year it took a lucky call against 'cuse and extreme luck in the arkansas game plus a bunch of real close games to get it done.

So, sorry phil, but it's time for a change. Everyone knows the WR screens, and RB draws are gonna be half our O gameplan. Knoxville needs a change if we are ever going to be true contenders again. That or Fulmer has to hit a recruiting jackpot again, with half the team future pro-bowlers, and even then we would be lucky to pull off another championship run.

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

It seems like after the '98 National Championship Fulmer has become complacent and is just riding on his laurels. His recruiting, which used to be his strong point, slacked off.
    It may just be time for some new blood in the program, not saying he's a terrible coach, he was great for the program, but it's just time to hand it over to a new and hungrier coaching team.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm pretty sure UT had one of the top 5 recruiting classes last year...

That's one of very few things I feel qualified to comment on, I'm really only a short term vol fan. But I've enjoyed being here.

7. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Tennessee usually has really good recruiting classes.. yet time and time again we never see them produce like the schools that are neck and neck with them at the top.. that's what bothers me.. I know we have some pretty good players, but Phil and his overly conservative play calling doesn't allow them to shine like they should

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I know some UT fans that are rooting for UT to lose, in hopes that will expidite Fulmer's exit.
    I think that's crazy, the East is up for grabs right now, how can you not want UT to win out if you're a fan?

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

**** the bulldogs. :chair: :evil:

If Vols fans root against the team to lose then they aren't real fans.

If Titans fans root against the team to win, then, it better be because if we lose the last game it guarantees the number 1 overall pick in the draft. Even that unlikely scenario is hard to justify.

10. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

My god you guys are killing them!

Go Tenn!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar