Tennessean; 2007 Report Card

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

The Tennessean's Jim Wyatt has scored the Titans 2007 season as follows;
    Rushing Offense C+. I agree with that, but Lendale has to get better and another vet RB needs to be added for, what Wyatt called, a change-of-pace. I fully agree with that. LenDale rushed for 1,110 yards, that's an average of about 70 yards per game. Is that considered good for an NFL RB?

Passing Offense D. I agree. I predicted, prior to the 07 season, that Gage would be our #2 WR and he met and surpassed my expectations. (How long do we have him under contract?) I had to predict who our top WRs would be because noone knew who they would be. We can not go into our 08 season with no #1 and #2 WRs. I was hoping we would have established that this year but we didn't. Young needs WRs.

Rushing Defense A-. I disaggree. The two games that Albert missed seemed like the entire defense fell apart. Without Albert, they double teamed KVB and took away our pass rush. We depended upon our defense to win too many games, and they did it, but only in the first half of the season. During the last part of the season, the D played good up until half time. Then it was like a whole different passive D took the field. Titans vs Chargers, BOTH games. I would give them a B...... maybe.

Passing Defense C+. I agree, possibly a B-. If we're healthy next year, this squad will improve. Finnegan, our diamond in the rough! Griffin played up to everyones expectations and will only improve next year. With Hope coming back and possibly Pacman.........

Special Teams B-. I'll agree to that. Our kicking team is set. But we need Pacman to return kicks, or a replacement. We need to find a return threat someplace in the draft.

Coaching B. I still do not agree with conservative football, but I'm not willing to give up on Fisher.

2. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

My Ranks

Rushing Offense B-
    Passing Offense D

Rushing Defense B
    Passing Defense B-

Special Teams C+ (Bironas = A++++++++++) (Davis Henry F)
    Coaching C+

Overall Team Grade for 07 - C+

Next year Projection

Rushing Offense B+
    Passing Offense B

Rushing Defense A
    Passing Defense B+

Special Teams A+
    Coaching B+

Overall B+

3. terrykalaka

terrykalaka Camp Fodder

Rushing Offense A- we're near the top of the league
    Passing Offense D too many dropped passes

Rushing Defense A still near the top of the league
    Passing Defense B- too many big plays given up, but then again our rush defense makes our pass defense look worse than it probably is

Special Teams A regardless of poor returns my my my bironas scored plenty of points
    Coaching B

Overall Team Grade for 07 - B plenty of room for improvement, but we are headed in the right direction, we've shown we can hang with the best teams in the league, now we just need to be able to beat them consistently

4. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

Wyatt is right- Rushing Offense = C+ Too few points in the red zone
    Too many points left on the field
    Passing Offense = D- Too many drops -
    Rushing Defense = B+ D-Line too vulnerable without Albert
    Passing Defense = C+ They will get better
    Special Teams = B (Due to Hentrich & Bironis)
    Coaching = B- (Not enough creative thinking)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Next Year:
    1. No more Chris Brown. Asside from the 1st Jacksonville game he was mediocre at best.
    2. Surround Vince with better weapons- 2 FAST receivers w/ good hands
    1 good changeup RB
    3. Get PAC out of the picture ASAP. Recruit another return man.
    4. Sew up Albert's contract ASAP. Don't let it turn into the Eddie or Steve mess.
    5. Another powerhouse defensive tackle so we have no dropoff if Albert is
    injured.
    6. Vince needs to figure out who he is- and he needs to be completely on the same page with Chow (or whoever our OC is). Until VY knows who he is this offense will never be above 75% effective. Our coaches need to be more
    creative in how they utilize our talent pool.

5. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

If I worked in the front office, I'm not sure what I would do with Albert. I'm not completely sold on the fact that he is completely into this game. He played fantastic football on his contract year, but was that why he was playing so hard, to land a fat contract?
    What I think I would do is lay the Franchise Tag on him. Why not, it's cheaper than paying him that fat contract he's waiting for. If we franchise him, he gets paid the average of the top 5 DTs in the league, that has to be cheaper than what he's going to demand. Plus, it will force him to play just as hard next year as he did this year.

6. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

That was my argument a few weeks ago, but i got torn apart for the entire week by two members at a time..

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=33655

But I totally agree with you! :evil:

7. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Instead of an offseason grade what grades would you give the players at every starting position?

Young D
    White B
    Hall B
    Williams C+
    Gage B-
    Scaife C
    Roos B
    Olson C+
    Mawae B
    Stewart B
    Bell A

KVB A
    Haynesworth A
    Brown C+
    Odom C+
    Bulluck B+
    Fowler D
    Thornton A
    Hope C
    Griffin B
    Harper B-
    Finnegan B+

Hentrich C
    Bironas A+

Davis F-
    Henry F-

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Tungtide, you don't want pac back next year then who is your starting cornerback? Harper will be 34 next season.

So you are going to draft a stud corner, a stud return man and 2 stud Wrs plus someohow come up with this change up RB. And of course still sign and hang onto all our current FAs. Sure no problem!

Oh yeah you want another powerhouse DT. Yeah those are easy to find..

What if hope can't come back? Lowry at SS for 16 games?

9. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Speaking of that what is everyones honest opinion on what the depth chart at CB looks like if Pacman does indeed rejoin the team and is allowed to play

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar