Tennesseans what's the scoop....?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DirtySouthBoyz, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DirtySouthBoyz

DirtySouthBoyz Luv da' Rock

Whats the word about ... who we may choose or sign, let go..... give us something. The 411...

2. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

TO and Javon Walker.

jking, but did yall hear Javon's comment's on Brett Farve

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

nah, what did he say?

4. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

he said in an interview that Farve stabbed him in the back, and how it was stupid of him to comment on his contract problems, while Farve is due $11 million this season

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Chris Mortensen[​IMG]
    said on ABC just before WAS@TB KO that it was a lock...1,2,3...

TEXANS-BUSH
    SAINTS-LEINHART
    TITANS-YOUNG

how's that for the 411??? :winker:

btw- If Mortie says it, it's a done deal...

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Mortie's good.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Apparently Mortie has been hitting the crack pipe before his Mort Report or whatever on NFL Live. It's been posted that he reported that the Titans were in talks to trade Coach Fisher to the Texans for :

Twelve drummers drumming,
    eleven pipers piping,
    ten lords a-leaping,
    nine ladies dancing,
    eight maids a-milking,
    seven swans a-swimming,
    six geese a-laying,
    five golden rings;
    four calling birds,
    three French hens,
    two turtle doves
    and a partridge in a pear tree.

I need to check my TiVo. :winker:

8. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Mort just ruined any credibility with this Texans BS

That's BS. Texans are mooching for whatever they can get and KC has brought about this "comp pick for you coach" crap, which quite frankly, is going to start a new trend I'm afraid. Fisher is priceless to this organization. Some of you are going to argue me about this, but it's true. If he goes, who's gonna take over? Da Schwartzie? Right....think about it guys. The past two seasons have been ****, but very explainable and one was unpreventable. '04 no one could have done anything with that team, the injury bug killed us. In '05 we preety much fielded a roster with vet leadership at very few positions and had young, inexperienced, immature players with no leadership and no identity. All those traits from this past year just won't get it done and because of those traits the players didn't respond to Fisher that well. Hell, I guaruntee you that Vince Lombardi couldn't have coached this Titans roster to a Wild Card spot this year. He probably is turning in his grave for me even mentioning his name in the same sentance as this years Titan's team. Bottom line: Fisher is the man to right this ship and he will. We're in rebuild mode and to ditch the man to get us back to where he got us would put us in a major set back.

We've got the #3 pick overall and it looks like we're going to get our new Mac. We'll sprinkle in some speedy, sure-tackling Vets on Defense and re-sign KVB. We'll also have, hopefully, a veteran deep-threat at Reciever and QB who has a year and a whole off-season in a new system and recievers to work with. Let's see what unfolds this coming season. Come April, I think we'll have a better understanding of what will happen in the season '06.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Fisher to Houston for Domanick Davis and a 2nd rounder next year ?

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I went looking on TiVo for that Mort report...found it in the Tennesseean...It's true at least but unlikely I think, but in the process of looking for what titansfan9 saw, I came across a very interesting piece. It was so interesting to me in fact that I composed a thread for it. I was about to post it but then I unexpectantly somehow lost my data, so I'll just put the short version here:

Basically Vince Young is VERY popular in Houston. In fact, he is from Houston... there is a camp of Cow fans that want Vince badly. Plus there is this Dan Reeves angle...like he is some kind of mobile QB expert...(that's fair...Vick, Elway) Dan Reeves, as I'm sure you know, has been hired as some sort of "consultant" ... I think he might be the head coach before it's all said and done. But anyways, the report was all this "Young to the Texans" rah, rah, and basically it was all debunked at the end...they said somebody said something to someone about D.Carr's bonus and extension so just forget about it cause Carr is safe in Houston and the Texans are not taking a QB...
    Gee, I don't know, the Titans seem ok at HB...I really think if the Titans only had a better O-line that Brown and Henry would be devastating. Fisher is really the face of the organization, IMO. He's not just a head coach, he's a vice president, ya know? Would he get that kind of pull in Houston? I don't see why Fisher would leave if he could stay.

Besides, he has the opprtunity to re-resurrect an ailing club. If he gets back to an AFC championship inside four years that would be great. He could be our Lombardi. I just don't think the Titans of today are as fickle as the Oilers of old. Maybe that's why we hang onto to players too long. All the prodject guys...

a thought about coaching style...
    Bellicheck trims the fat before it draws the flies...Fisher should copy him a little...maybe skip a shower and wear an old "lucky" sweatshirt from the bottom drawer. :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar