Tennessee: best offense in AFC South?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Ok, so I was looking at the standings this morning, and I came across some interesting stats I would like to share..

-Tennessee has scored 102 Points this season, versus just 46 against them through 4 games. (56 Net Points)

-The Titans have scored a division leading 12 Touchdowns thus far. (3.0 per game) Understanding the Colts and Texans have only played 3 games, unless the two teams plan on dropping 6 TD's a piece, the Titans are the clear cut 1st in that catagory, with Jacksonville likely pulling last at 7 through 4 games (1.75 per game).

-Tennessee is 100% in the redzone, 12/12, with 10 Touchdowns.

-QB Comparisons
    Titans: Kerry Collins - 56.6 Comp %, 7.0 AVG, 2 TD, 1 INT, 81.2 RAT
    Colts: Peyton Manning - 59.2 Comp %, 6.5 AVG, 3 TD, 4 INT, 73.1 RAT
    Jaguars: David Garrard - 67.5 Comp %, 6.7 AVG, 2 TD, 4 INT, 77.7 RAT
    Texans: Matt Schaub - 64.5 Comp %, 6.3 AVG, 4 TD, 5 INT, 75.5 RAT

Now I keep in mind that a lot of our TD's have come from our defense, or set up from a turnover, But it is true that the best offense is a great defense, and right now I believe we have both.

2. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Very interesting stats. Our defense gave us similar opportunities last year and Vince couldn't capitalize. I'm glad we have someone who can now.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:rolleyes:

Can't help yourself can you?

4. T Atlas

T Atlas Guest

Honestly, is there one topic you havn't brought Vince Young into? This has nothing to do with last year and Vince.

Our Defense is getting much more turnovers this year then last anyways. Thats not a good comparison. Give me a break.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Collins has thrown 2 Touchdowns in 3 games, don't make out that he is the reason for the redzone turnaround.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

The sad part is that he can't.:sad2:

7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Even though VY won ROY in 2006 (mostly due to his running abilities), I think people have to realize that he is still nowhere near ready to be an NFL quarterback as a passer (He should have been put on the bench in a manner similar to what this franchise did with Steve McNair). Having him sit on the bench, and watch Kerry, all the while he is learning our offence and this might be exactly what he needed.

So, before we write off a third year QB, let's realize how much talent this kid has, and give him time to refine his game while learning the finer points of the NFL game.

And, for those of you who are ready to write him off also keep this in mind. There have been better quarterbacks than him who have taken longer to develop than two and a half seasons.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

With today's rookie salaries and the cap, they don't get as long to develop as they used to...

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

And, as I said before, Collins has been good for two touchdowns this year. He isn't a difference maker in the redzone.

10. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Neither was Vinny really, at least last year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar