Tennessee Titans and the Looming Pro Bowl

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by A Fightin'Titan, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

So I am sure everyone knows that year in and year out the Tennessee Titans get stuck by the league and denied entry into the Pro Bowl. It seems that some years there are a couple candidates but none ever seem to get there. I mean, no one can say Keith Bulluck hasn't deserved a couple trips yet.

In 07 we had Bironas, Haynesworth and Vanden Bosch.

In 06 it was Young as the lone representative.

And 05 brought us Steve McNair with Vanden Bosch again.

This year being what it is there seems to be no reason we shouldn't have at least 5 guys going. I know there is still plenty of football to be played, however, if you had to choose now who goes?

IMO on offense Chris Johnson is a lock. You could make a case for Lendale also. Maybe not. On defense Haynesworth and Finnegan should also both be guaranteed.

What do you guys all think?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

no one's a lock. we went 11-5 in 2002 and didn't have any one elected to the pro bowl. carter got a reserve invite after a bunch of guys pulled out.

3. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Remaining undefeated to this point has obviously thrust us into the national spotlight. A lot of people are talking about us, and they are talking often. This is the most national attention ever given to the Titans. Unless we bomb the rest of our schedule, we will have atleast 4 players in the Pro Bowl. Haynesworth being a lock.

4. TitanTom0987

TitanTom0987 This Post Is Rated RKO

I'd tend to agree, but we usually get the short end of the stick for these sorts of things but it really doesn't matter. To be honest, I'd rather have no one make it. It would be a huge chip on their shoulders and a possible motivator down the stretch and into the playoffs.

5. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I don't care about Pro Bowler's. I'm more concerned with our number of Super Bowler's. :wink2:

• High Five High Five x 5
  6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I'd say Haynesworth, Finnegan are near locks. Near locks should be: Hope, Griffin, Johnson, and Bironas.

Collins could make it too as like an alternate or something. Depends if people vote in Manning based on reputation or not.

7. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Keith Bulluck gets robbed every year. Smuck the Pro Bowl!

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I bet more cowboys make it than titans

9. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

sad, but true. our guys deserve more.

10. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Locks: Haynesworth

Probables: Finnegan, C. Johnson, Roos

Maybes: Griffin, Hope

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar