Tennessee Titans roster cuts, 2017

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by A.D., Sep 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

That's exactly what it is. Douglass was clearly Mularkey's "guy"and they threw him a bone. McBride never really had a chance. And sadly he knew it when he stated "He did all he could do to make the team".

We have 2 rookies, one of whom hasn't played much, that can take the top off the D. We better hope neither one gets hurt because that's it. The other old guys can't do it.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Uh no. He's 5' 9". Gadget at best- and unless he's the greatest blocker in the world for his size also, every DB will know the ball is going to him when he's on the field.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

After AJ retired last year (week 9) the WR looked like this (for 8 games)
    Sharpe, Matthews, Douglas, wright and Mariani.

Mariani didn't see the field as a WR.

Wright was "injured" most of the season. Sharpe was a rookie. Douglas was Douglas.

I didn't see nearly this much complaining about a worse situation. And WR injuries didn't become an issue where Mariani was a savior, not sure why I would expect that Weems would ever have to be this year.

I'm in wait and see mode. I have a lot more excitement this year than last year. The WR group has been upgraded big time. A lot of effort and money has been put into the ST, hopefully that pays off.
    Week 1 is this week. After the Raiders game, the judgements start making a lot more sense.

Are Davis, decker, Matthews, Taylor, and Weems better than Matthews, sharpe, Douglas, wright and Mariani?

5. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Beats me. But 4.41 40 time, 38 inch vertical- had Corey Davis put up those numbers, we all would have been freaking out.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I don't want to see Adoree playing offense this year unless he's only the nickel and it's the playoffs. He needs to focus on playing D and returning!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Mularkey on Mike Keith's show last night said that we may be seeing Adoree playing offense sooner than we think. I honestly can't believe he said that.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Really? Wasn't Weems cut too but unlike McBride, no one wanted him. Guess even the league thinks more highly of McBride than Weems!!!

This years is better in quality...not in depth!

#169 Gut, Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Mularkey is a lying piece of ****.

"Everyone's playing in game 4."

Starters don't play a snap.

"Corey Davis is on a snap count."

Full participant at practice.

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar