Tennessee Titans Wide Receiver Woes

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

you have been missed. i've read numerous posts calling out to you. one poster even suggested to Jeff that he photoshop a chalkboard message. :lol:

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

From today's Tennessean report:

"On the very next play a pass bounced off WR Tyrone Calico and Harris picked it… "

[​IMG]

3. Nash

Nash Starter

Very clever Riverman, but it does sound like he is out of here.. just thinking out loud, but a change of scenery might help him- maybe trade him to Dallas so the TO wannabe can be with TO..

4. Riverman

I have two Calico jerseys in my house. I'm just a liiiiiiit-tle bitter.

5. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Justin McCareins is apparently in Mangina's dog house in New York. I wonder how much it would cost to pry J Mac back from the Jets. I realize much of the reason for bringing Justin back are gone (no more McNair, no more Dinger offense), but hey if we could pick him up for that extra fourth round pick... I'd say grab him. Honestly I've been somewhat against bringing in another wideout, but I've always had a soft spot for McCareins.

6. Riverman

Yeah- I really hated it when he left, but I think we're stacked at WR now.

7. Riverman

Man, Calico has come apart at the seams this camp. I've been on him for a long time because he's been a disappointment- but after a day like yesterday I feel sorry for him. Just cut him now and put him out of his misery.

Excerpt from Tennessean:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060809/SPORTS01/608090410/1027

"I saw a ball hit him in the face today. You need to catch those balls," Fisher said "I don't know if he is pressing or what, but he has had opportunities to make plays and he is not making the plays.

"It is going to be tough on Ty. He is going to have to make some plays in the preseason games real quick."

Calico, slowed by a foot injury earlier in training camp, said he knows he's in a competitive situation at wide receiver.

"I just have to get back to the basics and keep my eyes on the ball," Calico said. "If you take your hands off the ball you aren't going to catch nothing."

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1aT06bbh47A"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1aT06bbh47A" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Ty's source of inspiration.

9. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

If you take your HANDS off the ball you are not going to catch it? Isn't that a given? I think he meant eyes but still. Maybe in Calicos case taking his hands off the ball would help him catch balls. They seem to get in the way especially in the end zone.

He is great in Madden though.:yes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar