Terrell Owens

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JEsports, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'd rather have Moss.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I orginally wasn't interested in T.O. but now that Britt is down it makes me wonder. In an interview with ESPN, T.O. said he could be returning in a month. He's shown he can still play, 72 catches, 983 yards, 9 TDs last year with the Bengals.

So in four weeks we'll know if we need additional help at WR or not. If nobody steps up, I wonder if we'll look at T.O.

Normally, TOs first year with a team isn't bad.. it's the 2nd year he starts talking. If we're in a Super Bowl race, I think he'll be determined.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Let him prove it somewhere other than TN. I like the guy, but we don't need him.

With Kenny always hurt, I do think we should look for another No.1 WR. Keep Kenny, let him take Nate's role, and find someone who can be relied on. Nate can be the slot guy who burns everyone or can get cut. Going forwards Nate makes over $4M/yr. Between Kenny's off seasons, and his injuries, we can't rely on him to be there 15-16 games a year.

4. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I could dig it, if he got a play book now.

As in just then..that very moment I wrapped now in bold.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

NFL DRAFT:
    Justin Blackmon
    Alshon Jeffery
    Michael Floyd (has some issues)

FREE AGENTS:
    Reggie Wayne
    Dwayne Bowe
    Marques Colston
    DeSean Jackson
    Vincent Jackson
    Stevie Johnson
    Wes Welker

I think our best bet would be the draft, I see all those FAs returning to their teams.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

My dream came true with Randy Moss.

I am 100% over big name FA wr's.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Those free agent WR's are all going to want major money.

8. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

plus i dont see munch going for him either...

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yup. Munch already said they aren't going the TO/Moss route. So unless there were another catastrophic WR injury I don't see it happening. Maybe not even in that scenario either.

10. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Isn't this Nate's last year under contract? I was thinking when we signed him it was for 3 years.

I agree with everyone about drafting a WR in the draft but we need to do it early (in other words, I think we should stay away from TO unless we have no other options). This could be as good of a draft as it was in 2009 at the WR position. That year there was Maclin, Nicks, Britt, Harvin, and Carbtree in the 1st round. This year there will be Blackmon, Floyd, Jeffrey, Toon, and Broyles. All could make a huge impact for us.

I think going forward we have to look at having Kenny as a bonus to the team, instead of depending on him to be healthy all year. Until he can play an entire 16 game season, I think we have to go get someone that can fill those shoes to where our passing game won't drop off as much as it does when he's out. We've maintained it pretty well so far but we're nowhere near as explosive as we are when we have Kenny on the field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar