Post-Game Thread Texans 57, Titans 14

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Maker_84, Oct 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

We are exactly where I thought we would be (minus the Davis injury). I think Davis coming back would help us a lot honestly. We need to get a big target that can clear out and get attention. The real issue is our DEFENSE and we all knew this, despite our off season acquisitions. We need to roll all defense and a QB next draft. We need speed and playmakers on defense. I also think DLB may be at the end of the line here.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Agree. We whiffed on Dudd (big miss with a #33 overall). We need a OLB star, and OLB depth. We don't have a pass rush threat.

I'm interested to to see if DLB dials up some disguised blitzes on Cutler.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

According to @abc2330 our defense is just fine.

4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I agree brother. Our pass rush is poverty and we have little speed and depth. We seriously need to go heavy defense...and we need a solid QB

• LOL LOL x 1
    • WTF?! WTF?! x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  5. EC2k BOP

EC2k BOP Starter

Try the last 7 years 11-4.
    :loser:

#285 EC2k BOP, Oct 7, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  6. EC2k BOP

EC2k BOP Starter

Lol. You mean A 60 year history and ZERO titles? :anon:
    He77 if you want to talk about useless titles the Texans have won the AFCS 4 times in their 15 year history. Tittans twice.
    Same old oilers. Still knocking on the door. Losers.
    Got biotch slapped by a rookie QB in a "statement" game.

#286 EC2k BOP, Oct 7, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. titans12321

titans12321 Starter

We miss Zach Brown.

8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Our history sucks. We’ve been around forever, and been to one super bowl, which we lost. And we lost an afc title game or two.

Seriously. In fifty years of play, our glory days are, “well, not quite.”

9. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Starter

Before Sunday's game I was genuinely envious of the way you got your RBs going. I mentioned on TexansTalk how you've got two of the biggest backs in the league yet a plethora of ways to get them the ball in space. Pitches, tosses, screens, even your off tackle runs, very well executed & a nightmare to try to stop.

Luckily y'all were pretty vanilla with your run game, trying to out physical our physical front 7. Then Mariota was just lobbing the ball at our secondary, the score took your run game out.

Honestly, if I were a Tittans fan, I'd hope Mariota doesn't play tomorrow & Mularky gets you back to exotic smash mouth. As boring as it may seem to today's instant gratification bunch, that's winning football. Add a heavy dose of Mariota & a solid defense, that's championship football.

Whether Mariota is a franchise QB or not is a question that can be answered later, much later. Run the ball, keep Brady & Roethlisberger & Kareem Hunt & Derek Carr on the bench, where they can't score.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Even if Mariota plays he will be looked so we will probably see exotic smashmouth regardless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar