Texans add size to interior with Cody

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

<em>Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky</em> <p>The Texans have made a move to address their interior defensive line, agreeing to a three-year deal with Detroit free agent Shaun Cody, reports ESPN.com senior writer John Clayton.</p> <p>Cody may be the team's third defensive tackle or could force his way ahead of Travis Johnson, who started last year at nose tackle beside Amobi Okoye, who was banged up in his second season. Whether he starts or not, the team looks to him to upgrade the rotation, where DelJuan Robinson and Frank Okam are also on the roster. Jeff Zgonina, a 17-year veteran, is a free agent.</p> <p>At 6-4, 310 Cody is bigger than all the Texans tackle except for Okam (6-5, 320).</p> <p>The Texans apparently like Cody in part because he can be a versatile inside presence.</p> <p>Cody is the second free-agent addition to the defensive line for the Texans, who signed Arizona's Antonio Smith to play opposite Mario Williams.</p> <p>Houston got just 25 sacks last season, and 12 of those came from Williams.</p> <p>Cody played in 16 games with five starts for the Lions last year. He was a second-rounder, 37th overall in the 2005 draft out of USC.</p>

More...

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Texans are going to be contenders next season.

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Lions let their two best young Dlinemen go, not a good way to start Moneyball Jim:)

4. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

They are becoming the Cardinals of old...always preseason contenders that end up pretenders...

5. Texxan

Texxan Camp Fodder

You mean them being the trendy pick in 05, and a few (not many) picking the Texans in 08 as the same? So two times in 7 seasons. I guess I can see the resemblance???

6. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Eventually you guys will be contenders, i mean you guys have been in the league since 02. I'm assuming that mediocrity has to take its toll at some point.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Hey, the more Lions they take the better the chances of them going 0-16

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar