Texans are a threat

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Jags have a new OC, but that's the only major change (not like their last OC was so great). The QB and WR spots are still question marks like before (can't be worse than last year, can it?), but RB is set between Taylor and Drew. And their D is still top notch. They were close to making the playoffs last year and probably would have if not for our 3 turnover return TDs that game. As fan support means nothing in this case.

They are probably the bottom of my list, but they made it last year and haven't lost a ton, so I'm hardly going to count them out.

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

http://www.jaguars.com/News/Article.aspx?id=5774

That is 5 new coaches all on the O. Taylor has not played a full season in 4, and MJD showed he can not carry the team when he is out. There D softened a bit with the loss of Grant. I just do not see them doing much more then they did last season.

3. Fine, but that's mainly just the offense which everyone agrees needed major work. And their special teams had been a disappointment for a while. Seeing as how bad their offense was last year, I doubt a coaching turnover is going to cause them to regress on that side of the ball...

4. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Get a few more mug shots of course...:ha:

5. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I'm not doubting that your predictions are rational (except for the Hags). The reality is, however, that teams that no-one expects to have a shot WILL make the playoffs.

This wasn't a one-year fluke thing last year. I went back and looked at the stats for the last 5 years (since the league went to 32 teams) and EVERY year there were at least 4 teams with losing records that turned it around and made the playoffs. Even in the NFC, the Saints making the playoffs was stunning considering they were the 2nd worst team in the NFL the year before.

There will be extenuating circumstances EVERY YEAR. I don't know who it will be, but I'm certainly willing to believe the stats.

6. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

They may not regress but I do not see an improvment. If FT falls as always the jags go down with him. MJD is a good 2 back that is it, check the games FT was out of. :jagsbite:

7. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

this season, my opinion on the texans will remain the same: it's nice knowing we can chalk up at least two wins before the season even starts

8. i agree... no matter how good their defense is, they cant stop VY

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

remember we are talking about a team that took the Titans to overtime.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Well, BP, they're certainly capable. They also generally own the jags, and they split with indy this year too. They are very likely to make some serious progress this year, but I don't see them making enough progress to be a serious playoff push.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar