Texans prefer Young

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Bush had a good game, but you don't notice the 3rd best players in the game when Young had 40000000 yards and LenDale White had 38 Touchdowns.

2. Nash

Nash Starter

Bob McNair wants a winner soon, after all he paid $7 or 8 hundred million dollars if I'm not mistaken... Bush and the Denver zone blocking scheme will make the Texans formidable and will provide Carr the time he needs to pass to Bush and Johnson.. more importantly they don't have to wait 32 games for Vince to get his NFL legs.. so they will take Bush IMO, and we will take possibly the next Elway (VY)

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

man, if we get Bush then Omar - I'm gonna be freaking stoked

4. inVINCEable

inVINCEable Guest

This post should actually read: Texans fans prefer young. Houston is already on record as saying they will pick up the 8 million dollar option on Carr and will take Bush. If in fact they do pick up Carr's option the only other logical thing for them to do is trade the pick!

GO TITANS!!!

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

GM Casserly won't be a popular man if they pick Bush.

The fans want Young and the players don't want Bush, they'd rather Dom Davis and if I were Davis I would demand a trade.

6. maximus

maximus Starter

My scenarios
    1. Young falls, Titans pick Young, then work on DEF
    2. Bush falls, Titans pick Bush, the Omar Jacobs, then DEF(trade Billy Volek)
    3. Leinhart falls, Titans trade down, use extra picks to work on DEF and pick Jay Cutler

7. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Not that John McLain knows everything, but he said numerous times that the Texans will not let Young fall to the Titans and that they won't pass him up. Said it very emphatically.

8. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

I dont think we could move down to far and still get Cutler.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

ok, look Vince Young is not the next Elway
    or the next Steve Young

he may be the next Randall Cunningham
    or Donovan McNabb (my guess)
    maybe a better Mike Vick (whatever that is)
    or a carbon copy of Steve McNair

listening to John McClaine, you'd think that Bob MCNair would commit hari-kari if he passed on Young. Young grew up 5 miles from Reliant stadium

Vince Young is to Houston what Jay Cutler is to Nashville
    thats why I think he'll b a Texan

10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Casserley is in a no win situation. he is going to piss off 66% of the fans with whatever he does on draft day. 1/3 want Bush, 1/3 Young, 1/3 trade down. I'd hate to be in his shoes because he knows that whoever he passes on has a great chance to be a Titan and that they will face them twice a yr. Reese has to love his spot.

I honestly don't care who we take of the top 3 or if trade down for a kings ransom because we will be upgrading our talent level without question and getting a premier player.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar