Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Game Thread Texans @ Titans Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 30, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 12 users.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,485
    The Titans gave away canvas blue bags to all the fans coming into the stadium yesterday. By the second half, I saw a few fans wearing them with holes cut out to view through. It made me wonder how they snuck in scissors to do that. Nice job, security.
  1. BiscoPhan11 Starter

Casey
    Moolah:
    $297
    I strolled right in the front gate without getting the wand.
  2. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,216
    It's not hard to get passed security with a weapon, those guys are idiots.
  3. kiwitexansfan Camp Fodder

Britt
    Moolah:
    $59
    See you next year, Titans fan.
  4. GeronimoJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $10,252
    [IMG]
  5. CJtheBeast Starter

Moolah:
    $114
    I went to my 1st game in 2 seasons and have to say I was almost as dissapointed in the fans as the team. There was no life in the stadium and my section was letting some Texan fans say whatever they want. I eventually yelled at the Texans fans and started a Boo in my section to try to get a flag on one of the many no calls, but the fans just weren't in it.

It seemed more like a family event then a football game. Unacceptable.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,485
    It was bad but, honestly, what do you expect?

The vast majority of the fans there have been there for every home game. Like most games, the fans in my area cheer the first few defensive series. But once the opponents score a couple of times, it totally sucks the life out of the fans.

If the Titans had of gotten the score down to a touchdown, then the fans would have been back into it.

Fans reflect what they are seeing on the field.
    Finnegan2win high fives this.
  6. Architect Pain Train

Warmack
    Moolah:
    $632
    I really dont see how we cant place the last two loses on the offense. We had a game with 7 sacks against the Jags and forced Houston to punt 10 TIMES. The defense did enough to win both of our last two games.
    CJtheBeast high fives this.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,485
    The Titans D gave up the big play to both teams due to taking bad angles. The Texans stayed on the first page of their playbook once they went up 21-3. They basically gave Foster and AJ a bye week.

The Titans offense isn't getting it done but I'm not letting the D or special teams off-the-hook for their screw-ups.
  7. CJtheBeast Starter

Moolah:
    $114
    I saw fans taking off when we still had a shot at the game. And even when the game was close, most fans around me were barely into it. There were no chants going on, no standing up to Texan fans. Even the guy sitting next to us, who is a season ticket holder, mentioned how fickle the fanbase was. He even went so far as to say quote "What type of message does that send to the players if the fans don't even support them?"

I believe its an issue. Football's an emotional game where players and fans should feed off of each other. I'm not making any excuses for the players/coaches/management, or overly criticizing the fan base, but as a fan, I know we can do better as far as being positive support for our team.

Just my observation. 99% of the time I'm watching things on tv.