Texans Would Take Bush

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titantonic, Dec 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

It's not exactly a shock, but John McClain said he has been told behind the scenes that the Texans would indeed chose Reggie Bush if they get the first pick. That's no guarantee they wouldn't trade the pick, though, but I suspect you'd have to mortgage about three drafts to get them off him.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3549220.html

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

you hate to throw a game, but .........

it would be retarded for them to win this game on purpose (?)

3. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

You have to remember, though, this is Capers' last game and the players are probably good friends of Domanick Davis, who is a very good running back. I doubt the players are clamoring for Bush, and Capers certainly isn't going to tank his last game as head coach to help an organization that's firing him.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Go Texans for once.

5. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Texans will win the next game, or at least tie it.

6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

But those behind the scenes people that McClain is getting his info from might be fired along with Capers and Casserly. The new GM (Reeves) might realize that the smart thing to do is to trade down for more picks and then get your franchise LT.

7. How do you win a game on purpose? Gee if we could have, we'd be 15-0 going into Sunday.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i see you missed it

9. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

The smokescreens have started already........

10. The Texans would be stupid to take anyone other than Bush at #1.

That said, they may be better off trading the pick if they can get a ton of picks in return (and get D'Brickashaw Ferguson). They have a ton of holes on that roster. I figured they would take a step back this year, but boy do they stink.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar