Thanks Gloat

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Gunny, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The same argument can be made as to why people have such devotion to a football team. Why are you devoted to the Titans? Why not the other 31 NFL teams? They all play football.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah, that's how electronics work. Look at how expensive HD cables are. While they cost maybe 10 bucks to make, they can sell for 80.
    Then you've got razors that do the same too. Give the razors away, because they make all the money on the blades.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Exactly. Software sales is where the money is at. Especially early on when development costs are more expensive.

As an example, PS2 has 212 games that sold over 1,000,000 copies. That is probably already $150,000,000 already, not taking into account which game sold how many and those games that didn't reach the million mark.

4. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Well, that is not exactly the same thing. Many people tend to forget that they are actually playing the games, not consoles. Besides, there are plenty of people out there rooting against console A because they already got console B and thus need to believe they made the right choice. What they don't understand is that this so called war between console companies improves the amount of quality games and services for all gamers.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Not really, a lot of people think games are not getting any better. They just look better but there is nothing new about them.

6. Deuce Wayne

yeah. Those people are the same ones that think Patrick Ewing is more talented than Dwight Howard. Like to live in the past.

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Games are just as fun today as they were 5 years ago. 10 years ago. 15. Nostalgia is just something that infects people (not a bad thing, just is what it is). It's why I disagree when people say movies and music are getting worse. No, the the fields have always been over-saturated with mediocrity, but the premier products tend to overshadow all the old crap that they tend to forget.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I doubt they play sports. These are the hardcore gaming nerds.

I still enjoy games now as much as I did 5 years ago.

9. Deuce Wayne

ha, well. True. Just saying, the same types of people. Those that think everything that they grew up on is better than the current.

10. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Games are way better now than ever before. Cheering for a team is nothing like cheering for a company. You know why. I'm not even gonna get into it. PS3 and 360 are pretty close in my opinion. The only factor that is different is the blu-ray. Graphics-not much difference. Same games are on both consoles except for a few exclusives. Halo, MGS 4, Gears ect. Buy both invite some friends over and enjoy yourself. Case closed. Which ever one wins... well we the consumer wins. Great games and good times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar