That Circuit City ad is harshing my GoTitans experience!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Good to be back.

I'll see what I can do. I'm pretty sure I can edit that code for that Titans theme and get it compatible with FF3

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

holy crap. that works great. is there some way to get the thread width back?

3. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Good to be back.

I had to turn it off to see what you meant. I'm not exactly sure what you do mean by the thread width but I would assume it's the width when the ad's were all over the place. With Ad Block Plus on it will center the forum. I guess you'll have to get used to it. lol look at the bright side.. no ads.

And I have some good news about the Titans theme. Unfortunately there is going to be a few minor glitches with it. Basically the theme will work just fine but the search bar on the top right side will have a button glitch. Instead of the actual logo in the search bar it's an annoying button with Yahoo , Google , etc on it. Nothing that will annoy you to the point where you won't want to use it but it does look weird. Umm what else.. oh yeah the tabs aren't blue anymore. I'm not even sure if they were before or not but now they are white. Again not a big deal but it can get annoying if you expect it to be blue. Oh I forgot about the search bar fix lol. You can drag it a little to the left so it looks less annoying...

Other than those 2 things I really didn't find too big of an error with it.

This is what you do.

http://www.download.com/Nightly-Tester-Tools/3000-11745_4-10856051.html

You add that add on to FireFox. It might pop up at the top and say "so and so needs to be allowed" or something like that. Click allow on the right side. It will prompt you to install. Click install and restart FireFox.

Now click tools at the top of FireFox - click add ons - on the bottom right click "Override Compatibility"

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addons/versions/5664

Now go there and click add to FireFox. When the box pops up click Force Install.

There you go. A few glitches but hey at least it works.

I WILL make a really good Titans theme once I figure it all out. I can do the graphical parts with ease it's just I need to figure out EXACTLY what needs to be done. If I can get a clean version of the default theme (which I can) and get a nice tutorial on making a theme there will be MANY themes coming from me.

But anyways glad I could help out with the Ad Blocker and this theme.

Phillies game is on! See ya

4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Thanks man! much appreciated.

5. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Ya, you should look into creative design or something for school. You seem pretty good at it and probably could put it all to good use. Just something to think about.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Usually, any ads which bust out like that are automatically turned off. I'll see if I can find the source.

Blocking ads is a nice feature. Unless you rely on ad revenue to keep your site going. ;)

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I believe I have them blocked now. Let me know if they continue to appear.

Anytime anyone finds an ad too annoying, shoot me a PM.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I haven't ever had a real problem with an ad on this site... although the smiley that calls out "hellooooo" whenever you scroll over it was annoying the heck out of me for a while.

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Not complaining here, but...

I was snickering a while back about getting ads for vacations to Hawaii via Hawaiian Airlines, for obvious reasons. Since then it got changed to vacations in Mexico and Puerto Rico, occasionally tempered with colon cancer ads. I'm guessing that in a few months it will start barraging me with Metamucil and LifeCall ads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar