That homer Sean Salisbury

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

looks like Dog Food just out of a can.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

hijack this!

The brutal truth

Mr. Rabé isn’t the only Sean willing to tell it like it is. Sean Salisbury on ESPN said that the Minnesota Vikings’ play call against Seattle on Sunday, a reverse wide receiver option pass that turned into a Seahawks interception, was “the worst play call of the 2004 season” and that “those types are saved for when you’re playing video games with your kid at home.” Fellow broadcaster Stuart Scott simply called it “a bananas play call.” But Vikings coach Mike Tice defended the call saying, “It’s not something we just drew up in the sand on the sideline.”

Each of the following is from a magazine ad.
    Guess the product. Fun? Betcha!

1. It reads like a Who’s Who of ingredients.

Answers to What are they selling quiz:

1. Purina Dog Food.

crazytown paper

3. looks like dog food just out of the dog...

4. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

no it looks like a steaming pile of, ok S#!T

5. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Great English meat? Like Haggas (I think thats how it is spelled)

I smelled that once, nearly lost my lunch.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Lazy man jackson...

I know you must eat something similar to that in england. Even the name sounds english.

It's a seasoned hamburger patty with gravy on it. Sometimes extended with bread crumbs and egg like meatloaf. It's really not that different from meatloaf just fried as a patty. Not entirely unlike the swedish dish beef lindeman. The side shown there is unusual because it is almost served with mashed potatoes.

Most americans have experienced the dish in frozen dinner form(aka tv dinner) but a home made salisbury steak is very good.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

boy have we ruined this thread.

I reckon, out of all the members on this board, RollTide would be the one to like Vegemite.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I would love to try a haggis...

It's sausage! Everyone freaks because it is a stuffed lamb stomach but fresh sausage is normally stuffed into pig intestines so what is the difference? Well with haggis you don't eat the lamb's stomach just the contents inside.

Yet another way to extend meat in this case with oatmeal, haggis is made with lamb so if you like lamb you should like it. The seasonings are not unlike sausages made in france, germany and sweden.

In tony bourdain's "a cook's tour" he eats authentic scottish haggis and loved it. He said it "should in no way be offensive to even the most pedestrian american tastes."

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Tony bourdain....

I don't think the thread has been ruined but upgraded. Salisbury steak is more interesting than sean salisbury!

Tony bourdain has traveled the world and eaten everything from bugs, and still beating raw cobra heart. The few things he did not like at all.

Iquana tamales.

Nato, a slimey snot like soy bean product in japan.

Japanese mountain potato which he said must have tasted like goat rectum and....

vegemite.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

well seeing as goat rectum isn't on his list, does that mean he liked it? :brow:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar