The 2015-2016 College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Dee, Jul 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

That small school thing is about money and prep for the big ones. My boys lost to JMU! Lol

2. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Jesus I am drunk! This task of posting is laborious.

3. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 2
  4. 8and8

8and8 Starter

The SEC had a good winning streak in the BCS era when they were basically guaranteed a spot in the title game.

Like I said before, if last year was still the BCS, Bama would have beat FSU and everyone would be talking about Bama (and the SEC as a whole despite the West doing terrible in the bowls) being the best there is.

Let's be honest, if there had been a playoff during the whole BCS era, the SEC might not have claimed as many titles.

5. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

FYP

6. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

Nobody can know that. Its not like it was SEC vs SEC every year in the NCG. Ohio St has two shots to knock the SEC off.. Oregon, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, and Texas all had their shot. Finally FSU ended the 7 year streak

7. 8and8

8and8 Starter

That's why I said "might."

It's a lot easier to win 7 in a row when your conference is basically guaranteed one of the two spots. There were multiple years that a one loss SEC team got in over a one loss team from a different Power 5 conference. Bama did it twice, one year they didn't even win the SEC and got in over the Big 12 champ.

Would the narrative be different from last year if it were still the BCS instead of a playoff?

8. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

We have playoff in name only, honestly. Four teams is not enough. There will still be one or maybe even two loss teams, possibly from the SEC, make it into the playoff.

So if your argument is that SEC teams were just handed a spot in the national title for all those years.. I doubt pitting all those SEC champs against one more quality opponent would have made that much of a difference.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

inferior quality...

10. 8and8

8and8 Starter

It did last year.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar